“Heavanly spot!”
Review of Casa Del Soul

Casa Del Soul
Reviewed 28 December 2008

Casa del Soul is a slice of heaven, in a gorgeous spot. The proprietor, Randy, goes out of his way to make sure guests are comfortable and have whatever they need to make their stay memorable.

You can cook your meals, have them cooked to order, or eat your meals out, in town. Arrangements for transportation and excursions are available for the asking.

The rooms are luxurious, by Nica standards, with unforgettable views. The house is built with the beautiful surroundings paramount. Sunset swims with cocktails poolside are not to be missed.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 December 2008

My girlfriend and I stayed there for a week and just like everyone else who has reviewed Casa del Soul, our stay there was perfect.

The house is amazing and the views of Nacascolo Bay are spectacular. Randy is a great host and will do everything he can to make your stay and enjoyable one.

If you are passing through San Juan del Sur, make it a point to stay at least a couple of days at Casa del Soul. Though be careful, you won't want to ever leave.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2008

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at Casa del Soul. We orginally booked for 3 nights and end up staying for 6. Randy and his staff took excellent care of us the entire time. The house is beautiful and after traveling the country for 3 weeks on chicken buses and rough roads, Casa del Soul was luxurious! Our mornings started out with fresh, hot coffee and a full breakfast of whatever we desired was prepared for us. I stil miss these breakfasts. Most days we headed to town and then went to one of the amazing beaches both north and south of San Juan. Once we arrived back in town a quick phone call (yes, Randy provides his guests with a cell phone) was all it took for Alex to come pick us up and take us back to the serenity of Casa del Soul. The house isn't far from town, but you have to cross a fairly large hill to get there. No worries, because the staff provided rides pretty much whenever we wanted. We cooked our dinners in the kitchen almost every night which is fully equipped with every kitchen appliance and tool necessary as well as a gas BBQ grill. We enjoyed exploring the area, but in all honesty, you could spend several days at Casa del Soul and never leave the house. The views are magnificent, the pool is refreshing, the multiple hammocks are relaxing, the music (yes, Randy lends you his iPod) is wonderful, and you can even take a short walk to a rocky beach that is gorgeous. All in all, a great place to recharge your batteries!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2008

Loved it, my husband and I visited just for the weeked after a week of work in the city. This is perfect for couples, the view of the ocean and mountains was phenomenal! The service excelent. Hope to come back soon!

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank OliveroT
Reviewed 22 October 2008

I visited San Juan del Sur and Nicaragua for the first time in August 2008 as a solo, female traveler. I was a little nervous before my trip but once Randy picked me up from the airport, the impressive service began and all of my fears went away. I can't say enough about his guest house and the level of service that I experienced! I will definitely return and Casa del Soul will always have my business!!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank iclement
Reviewed 4 October 2008

Great place to stay! We rented two bedrooms with a common balcony that offered an incredible view of the bay and lots of sky- picture perfect. Since we were one family, renting the whole second floor created a totally private area for us. The bedrooms were simply furnished and comfortable. We read, napped in the hammocks and traveled to several area beaches during the days we spent there. The kitchen was well stocked and the host, Randy, couldn't be more helpful. We spent some nights cooking great meals together and eating with the other guests (who we loved and hope they will visit us in the US asap). The beaches in the area are quiet and totally non-commercial. The cost to stay at the Casa was reasonable and well worth it. You can't beat Randy as a host-- he knows the ropes. We hope to get back there and have another chance to rent that second floor.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lauraNewHope_PA
Reviewed 26 September 2008

Our stay at Casa del Soul was more than we expected, absolutely wonderful! We traveled to Nicaragua for 3 days from Costa Rica by car(which we left in CR), we were greeted at the border by a very helpful man who was sent to find us and help us through by Randy the most helpful host I have encountered traveling. Randy picked us up at the border for basically free and drove us around everywhere we wanted to go for the time we stayed with him. The villa is beautiful! Very comfortable feel, I felt instantly at home. A close drive to town about 5 minutes and a 3 minute walk along a beautiful creek to a gorgeos private beach. Although we prefered hanging out in Randy's huge pool and drinking some refreshing Tona beer. The surf at the near by beach was amazing and the people were very friendly everywhere we went. The price was perfect also. I have only 1 complaint, the bed was not all that comfortable, but the view from the bedroom balcony almost made up for. Thanks Randy :)
Hope to see you soon - Heather & Brandon