“Quiet Get-A-Way in the Hills--Casa del Soul”
Review of Casa Del Soul

and 1 more site!
Casa Del Soul
Minneapolis, MN
“Quiet Get-A-Way in the Hills--Casa del Soul”
Reviewed 14 February 2010

Casa del Soul is located in the beautiful hills of San Juan del Sur. The pool was great, many hammocks in the shade to relax in, and a beautiful view of the ocean. Randy was very accommodating, lending us a cell phone, giving us a tour of town, and setting us up with a taxi driver, Carlos. Casa is very quiet and secluded--in its own private neighborhood. (Note: Randy has a large dog--Chucho is friendly, but also protective.)

Although Casa del Soul was a wonderful get-a-way, it did not fully match our needs as travelers. We were looking for a hotel where we are able to freely travel to and from town and hotel. If you do want to venture into town, it is either waiting for a taxi ($5 one way for a five minute drive) or a arduous 25 minute hike among steep hills and declines.

Although there is a private beach within a five minute walk, it is very rocky and not a swimming beach. It is a great little hike and a good chance that you will see monkeys.

2 Thank UnkleTomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 13 February 2010

Casa del Soul was a highlight of our travels in Nicaragua. The location and views were outstanding. Randy worked hard to ensure everyone was happy and enjoying their stay. It was so nice to be able to enjoy the area without having to be right in town. The room was comfortable and extremely clean. It even had a quiet beach just a stroll away. The pool was clean and the perfect temperature. Thank you Randy and Brenda!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelbuddies39
MI-USA
Reviewed 31 January 2010

My partner and I stayed here for 7 days in January and experienced the most relaxing and enjoyable place in Nicaragua. Yes, the house is gorgeous, the view is spectacular and the hospitality is exactly how all the reviews describe it. But the best part for me was the first-class environment in which time slows and you find yourself, trance-like, staring into the water - reflecting on your journey.

Reward yourself by staying at this beautiful, peaceful home - extend your stay if you can.

1 Thank buttscol
texas
Reviewed 30 January 2010

As a solo woman with minimal Spanish, I was a little worried to travel to Nicaragua alone. Randy was quick to respond to all of my emails, with plenty of knowledge and several suggestions, and I appreciated that. He arranged a car to pick me up in Managua, late at night, and bring me to the house.
In the mornings, Brenda hears your movements and meets you downstairs to inquire what you would like for breakfast. She cooks very well. The fruit, eggs, and coffee are always perfect. I had her prepare several of my meals at lunch and dinner, and they were much better than what was offered at the few restaurants I tried in town. The curried potatoes, steak, salads, and whole snapper were fantastic.
Brenda is efficient, she even did my laundry for me. When I got back to my room one evening it was all folded neatly on the bed. And Randy helped me plan my trips to Ometepe, Granada, and Madera by making phone calls for me and connecting me with competent drivers and guides. He actually dropped me off at the ferry terminal on my way to Ometepe, which was nice. I really felt like I was being looked after, and you will too. They know everyone in town. I went fishing a couple times on the sunset cruise. We brought our catches to the house and had them the next day. The dog is a total sweetie, and the views are spectacular.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
Oregon
Reviewed 30 January 2010

My boyfriend Craig & I were thrilled with our stay at Casa del Soul. Randy is a great guy who welcomed us with open arms & an open heart. He really bent over backward trying to make sure that we were happy! Brenda was great as well. Chucho the dog is a sweetheart. The view from the house is incredible & having a "personal" beach so close by was priceless!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 January 2010

The location is very peaceful and a beautiful view of a private bay.The owners go over the top to accomidate you.Can't wait to visit again.

Toronto
Reviewed 22 January 2010

San Juan del Sur is one of many amazing places in Nicaragua. Staying at Casa del Soul made it even more amazing. Rooms are beautiful, clean and warm. Randy makes you feel at home 24/7. The view is magnificent. Casa del Soul is indeed the perfect place for your soul....

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends