“Great inventive family food”
Review of Osteria La Saletta

Osteria La Saletta
Ranked #5 of 58 Restaurants in Certaldo
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Restaurant came recommended from my hotel and was not a disappointment. I had a beautifully well balanced goose, parmesan, Apple and pine nut salad followed by tortellini with rabbit.

All the food was delicious, accompanied by a lovely recommended chianti by the owner/head waiter, who throughly looked after me, and spoiled me with the most massive piece of cheesecake!

1  Thank Common_cultured_girl

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We ate here as a group of 4 on our second night in Tuscany. The onion soup was to die for and also the Ravioli with ricotta and a duck sauce. The steak and the rabbit stew were exceptional but don't forget to order side dishes if you'd like to see some veg and greenery! The service was not quick but pleasant and the waiter (owner) took us through his menu. Would recommend and had I been in Tuscany for more than a week would certainly have gone back.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Of you are nearby Certaldo you must divert to gp and eat at La Saletta! The owner Gianpiero is very friendly amd he will lead you through his wonderful Tuscan menu. A wide selection of the best wines is available too and do not forget the pastry - shop just next to tje restaurant. Definitely a must go!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Giannpiero, the owner patiently explained the menu to us and recommended certain items according to our tastes - result of which was wonderful food cooked by his mother - I had onion soup which was a typical Tuscan dish and prawns which were tender and very good - my husband had tagliatelle paste with mushrooms and wild boar which he loved - overall we loved the wine and the food and we were there for over 3 hours -

Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

The food is without doubts good
We got a classical Tagliata of Chianina which was good
What I didn't like very much was the waiter ( probably the owner itself ) who didn't seem to care very much of us , being instead rather rude

The total was also not so economic
41€ for the tagliata , a glass of wine and cantucci as desert