“laid back, professional and fun”

Organic Tuscany Cooking Classes
Ranked #2 of 8 Food & Drink in Certaldo
More attraction details
Owner description: Organic Tuscany offers Italian cooking classes in a magnificent villa. Learn to cook delicious local recipes using organic ingredients. It Includes wine tasting and visits to Siena and Florence.
Reviewed 27 October 2009

The mixture of tours and cooking during our week at Organic Tuscany was perfect! We had a variety of instructors and a mixture of topics from wine tasting, olive oil making to biodynamic farm tours. For a very novice cook, I did not feel overwhelmed at any time and came back with the confidence to not only cook at home, but to entertain groups with the menu's I learned. We also had tours to Florence and Sienna with professional guides that made it fun and easy to see the sights and then helped us know how to go back and visit these sights after the week was over.

There are newer reviews for Organic Tuscany Cooking Classes

Reviewed 26 October 2009

Try this great week in Tuscany if you love Italian food. You learn how to make many specialties and eat (and drink) well. Shilpa and Ricardo are welcoming hosts as well as good instructors. Tina, Manuela, Clara, and Cristina also are good instructors and a lot of fun. The villa is in the middle of olive groves and vineyards and is quite relaxing. There are also times to tour Florence and Siena with a guide. We also visited an organic farm.

1  Thank Devon11
Reviewed 26 October 2009

Late September was a good time to visit Organic Tuscany as the weather was still beautiful but it wasnt too hot to be in the kitchen. The course is held in a wonderful villa looking out over picture postcard Tuscan countryside. There were four cooking lessons (upon reflection I would have preferred one more cooking lesson and one less farm visit) and the instructors Tina and Manuela were a delight to work with. Sightseeing to Florence, Siena and San Gimi were included, but if you have already been to these places, it was equally sublime to spend the afternoons swimming in the lovely pool and soaking up the sun and gorgeous scenery from a sun lounger! Certaldo Alto is definitely worth a visit and the restaurant Shilpa recommended there was superb!

2  Thank ash005
Reviewed 9 September 2009

My husband and I have just returned from our week in the rolling Tuscan hills with Shilpa and her team.

I've always loved Italian food and I love to cook too ... but this experience was amazing.

There were seven of us cooking in a beautiful villa with a large (if rather hot) well equipped kitchen. What a week !!! ...... All the foods we cooked and ate were organic and produced or grown locally. wonderfully juicy tomatoes... delicate honeys... gorgeous wines ( the course included a wine tastin lesson) and tasty cheeses to mention just a few things.

The organic "way" is'nt just about what we ate either, we were encouraged to re-cycle and compost our waste where possible and when we went on "outings" we were encouraged to car-share....

Organic Tuscany is Shilpa's "baby" but her team are wonderful too!!!

Reviewed 14 January 2009

My fiance and I spent a week at the Organic Tuscany cooking school this past summer, and could not have asked for a more authentic, memorable experience. Tuscany is such an incredible area, and this trip allowed us to visit several different places in the region. We did a vegetarian course, and learned so much about how to prepare and enjoy rustic, hearty, delicious Italian food. Shilpa, Ricardo and their gorgeous children were wonderful hosts, and though we stayed at villa down the road, we felt welcome in their home and in their kitchen. The weather was perfect, and most of the meals were eaten outdoors on the patio with the rolling hills and vineyards in the background. There were always multiple dishes to choose from, and I can happily say I sampled almost everything (it's hard to resist!).

As a part of the trip, we also visited local farms where much of the food was grown (some was grown in Shilpa and Ricardo's yard or nearby). It was wonderful to see people truly respecting the earth, the animals, and the community. We also got to sample honey fresh from a comb, and saw the inner workings of bee keeping.

Day trips to Siena and Florence were arranged by Organic Tuscany, and we met up with tour guides in the cities. Our guide in Siena was absolutely amazing, and made the tour and the visit one of the best parts of the trip. The city itself was breathtakingly gorgeous, and we had plenty of time to wander around and enjoy a meal. The trip to Florence was also lovely, though the crowds make it a bit difficult to really enjoy the tours. However, our tour guide was so knowledgeable and showed us both the 'tourist' spots and the hidden alleys and buildings. Lunch at the central market was a great experience, too.

Perhaps my favorite evening was the wine tasting held at a friend's home, where we also toured his pottery studio. This was such a unique and enjoyable night, and we really loved spending time with Shilpa, Ricardo, their friends, and the other class members.

I feel as if there is so much more write about this trip, but I suppose this review is far too long already. Please consider Organic Tuscany if you are looking for a unique, authentic, delicious, and memorable trip to Tuscany!