Il Pianigiano
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Certaldo
See available hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Borgo Bellavista(Gambassi Terme)
Good 3.5/5
Villa Bianca Hotel(Gambassi Terme)
Very Good 4/5
Great 4.5/5
La Pieve Albergo Ristorante(Castelfiorentino)
Great 4.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2013

This is the best B&B I've been to so far. Clean rooms, amazing breakfast, very quiet and the owner is always there for you... We loved to walk into town from the B&B, while our car was safely parked in the parking lot. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tania U
Reviewed 25 March 2013

The place, couple, atmosphere - absolutely one of our best Italian experiences .
Definitely will come back!
Clean, great area for star traveling . Breakfast is rich and tasty.
Kitchen is totally equipped with everything you need for an Italian dinner, coffee, wine around the clock.
Fresh eggs from the chickens that walk around in the garden.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Cris and Pavlina, the friendly, knowledgeable young couple who hosted us were an absolute delight! They provided us with a great place to stay.. Great breakfasts served on our own balcony or shared patio, tips and transportation to town for eating out and grocery buying. Walking or biking the short distance to town were options when the were busy. Highly recommend! Great, clean, up-to-date apartment at an excellent price. Great location for trains to nearby tourist towns.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mazzotta4754
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Il Pianigiano has such a lovely homely feel to it. Cris and his wife were wonderful hosts who treated you as old friends. The room was huge the bed very comfortable. It was lovely to come back to a clean room each day. I had a car which was so convenient from this location. I really wanted to get into the cycling thing but the days just flew past too quickly. Having the kitchen was great and also a hub to compare notes with other travellers at the end of the day. Cris even has a selection of wine there if you didn't get a bottle with an honor system of replacing it. I left a few items of clothing there - knew I shouldn't have put them in drawers! Cris very kindly sent them on to me at my next stop - when they arrived there were 5 tops - no wonder my case seemed light. Wonderful place to stay if your a female solo traveller - though I must admit this was the case everywhere I stayed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We stayed here for four nights and were extremely happy with our accommodations. Cris, our host, was always happy to share his wealth of information on places to see, places to eat and the best ways to get there. The location was great for day trips to Florence, Sienna, Volterra, San Gimignano and Cinque Terra. The rooms were spacious and clean. The kitchen was ours to use, and we were made to feel at home when using the common area. Breakfast was a typical European breakfast that was always nice and fresh. A nice touch was the "emergency wine rack." If you forgot to pick up a bottle of wine, you were welcomed to take a bottle from the rack with the understanding that it would be replaced before checking out. It didn't have to be the same bottle of wine, just another bottle. This was something we took advantage of on several nights. Actually, we didn't have time to replace the bottle we drank the night before we left, and Cris simply ask that we include a small tip instead. All in all, a very pleasant stay where I would stay again and recommend to friends without any hesitation. Did I mention that the price was VERY reasonable as well?!? The only negative thing I could say was that there was a neighbor's dog that barked all night long one night, and there is a rooster in the neighborhood that does his job well.

Room Tip: We had the room on the first floor in the back of the house to the left. We slept with the window open and could hear the rooster each morning (which really didn't bother me). My brother and sister-in-law were right across the hall and could not hear the rooster.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple