“Distinctly average hotel,there must be better around”

Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Badsworth
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Distinctly average hotel,there must be better around”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed on business. The room was dingy with a great view of the roof. The radiator didn't work and I had to use the air-conditioner as a fan heater. The en-suite was recently decorated but there was no bath and the floor had a pronounced slope - which could be a problem for some visitors. the springs on every door meant that the doors slammed every time the occupants entered or exited, very annoying The food was nothing to write home about and there was a poor selection of beers in the bar. Wouldn't choose to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Christian8469
Rogerthorpe, Owner at Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent review and for taking the time to do so.

We do take all Feedback whether that be positive or critical very seriously and I thank you for your recent comments.

I will look into your comments in greater depth in the hopes we can improve our standards to your liking if you ever do choose to stay with us again.

Once again, I thank you for your time in writing your review.

Senior Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Had our wedding here 4/4/14
Amazing from start to finish.
Location,food,room,grounds,staff we couldn't fault anything which resulted in the perfect day.
Claire and Danny thankyou for making it run smoothly.
Really appreciated.
Stacey & Steve x

• Stayed April 2014
Rogerthorpe, Owner at Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to review our property and the services we provide.

I am extremely glad that you were happy with your Wedding Reception. We pride ourselves on delivering the best service that we can.

I hope you will join us on your anniversary in a years time.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband and I got married on the 29th of March 2014 and had our reception at rogerthorpe manor. Right from the start, our wedding co ordinator Karen was friendly, efficient and willing to help us with any requests. She was very quick to get back to me to ease any stresses I had (which were a lot!!). The week before the wedding she added extra guests at a moments notice and recieved all our decorations with no problems. On the day, the running was so smooth and Karen and our awesome master of ceremony, Danny, made sure everything ran as it should which meant myself and my hubby had nothing to worry about! We had a wonderful new girl serving on the top table, Hayley, and she was very efficient and friendly and eager to please! The dj, lee, who was recommended by the hotel as part of our package was more than willing to play all of our endless cheesy requests despite them being really terrible! :) the food was amazing and the amazing staff ensured no ones glasses ran dry. Everyone was so friendly and keen to ensure we had an awesome day! The honeymoon suite was soooooo beautiful and comfy as well!! Also the company, Chantilly flowers run by Stacey Benson, that rogerthorpe manor use for their room dressing did an amazing job and made sure the room looked stunning!!! Overall, we had a perfect day and cannot recommend Rogerthorpe manor enough!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Clarefox01
Rogerthorpe, Owner at Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you sincerely for taking the time to review Rogerthorpe Manor and the services that we provide.

We do pride ourselves with ensuring our Guests stay's are as memorable and stress-free as possible.

I will ensure your Feedback is passed along to the relevant departments involved and I hope we will see you back in a years time for your anniversary.

Its always nice to hear when staff are doing a great job, especially new members of staff. I am sure the F&B Assistant you mentioned will be over the moon with your excellent praise.

Once again, I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to write your review.

Bradford
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed 2 nights D.B&B which was a raffle prize. The room was very spacious & comfortable.
The food was excellent. The staff were very friendly. It was busy while we were there, with weddings and Mother's Day but this didn't spoil our enjoyment. Would recommend and looking forward to returning.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Rogerthorpe, Owner at Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your stay.

I am extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your weekend here at Rogerthorpe Manor and I hope you will join us again very soon.

Mother's day weekend was extremely busy for us but I am glad we managed to meet your expectations even though we had a heavy service.

Once again, thank you for your review. It is extremely appreciated.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at rogerthorpe in March and attended a lovely wedding, amazing job by the professional banqueting team thanks to Danny and Hayley who looked after the top table !! Lovely grounds and everything you would want from comfortable and clean room to a good breakfast the next morning ! Couldn't check in until 2.30 and nowhere to leave luggage not a major issue ..... Thanks to the team at rogerthorpe for a great weekend !!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Rogerthorpe, Owner at Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you personally for leaving your outstanding review.

We pride ourselves on delivering an A* service.

I will ensure the Banqueting Team and the Gardening Team get a copy of your review. We do take all reviews either positive or critical very seriously and look to ensure our standards remain as high as possible.

I will look into your luggage issue and do my utmost to ensure we improve our service accordingly.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We just had our wedding at Rogerthorpe Manor and we can not recommend the venue highly enough!

Their wedding coordinator provided excellent service enabeling us to get exactly the wedding we wanted. They had many standard options available and we where able to personalise these to make day perfect for us.

Rogerthorpe has plenty of character with picturesque gardens that provide a fantastic back drop for your wedding photos and the food is second to non.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Rogerthorpe, Owner at Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Guest.

I would like to give my sincere thanks to you for taking the time to review our property and the facilities we provide.

Our dedicated Wedding Coordinators have many years experience ensuring things run as smoothly as possible for you on your big day!

I am delighted that we have exceeded your expectations and hope you will return for your anniversary in a years time...

I will pass along your review to our Gardener also, who spends many many hours maintaining his gardens to such a high standard.

Once again, I thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Having to stay away from home on business can be tedious at times, but having found the Rogerthorpe it's like having a second home in Yorkshire. I've stayed many times as you're guaranteed good food, a vibrant atmosphere in the a joining Jacobean pub and friendly staff. Clare and Michael who work in the pub add to my stay as they always have a smile on their face and when good customer service can be hard to find nowadays, they never let me down, so thank god for finding you .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest.

I would like to thank you personally in writing your review about our property and service.

We strive to make each and every guests stay as welcoming as possible in a relaxed environment.

I am glad you have found your second home!

I would also like to thank you for mentioning staff personally as all reviews are fed back to their relative departments. I am sure they would be happy to note that their Customer Service is having a large impact on guests staying at the Hotel.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Senior Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Badsworth
Waterton Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newmillerdam
Oulton Hall & Spa
Oulton Hall & Spa
#1 of 1 in Oulton

Been to Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!