The food and ales are superb But I stayed in a room which was possibly the worst room ive slept in, as regards a good nights sleep. The old ceilings/floorboards above, groan and squeak so much that its like the people in the rooms above are about to come through them! I mean the noise was unbearable. Because the couple above me came in at 11.30, then bathed and seemed to walk around for hours with the telly on until the small hours it was impossible to sleep. After 2 hours i ventured out to reception to see if i could be moved but it was closed and finally I explained to the guests upstairs my problem. They were really lovely about it, but even though i sensed they were trying to be quieter, sleep was near impossible. In the morning i found the shower tray did not drain and was still full of water after breakfast. This might have explained the rotten skirting boards? I was surprised how poor the rooms were but again, the food and ales were very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Olde worlde 17th-century inn located in the quiet village of Clifton, AA rosette restaurant, beautiful rooms converted from cottages. M62 just 1/2 a mile, away from it all yet close to everything. We are located in an ideal place for touring the scenic beauty spots of Yorkshire, the historic City of York and scores of Country Houses and Parks. Leeds, Bradford & Huddersfield are all less than twenty minutes drive away which makes us a convenient centre for traveler's on both business or for pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotel.de so you can book your The Black Horse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Black Horse Hotel Brighouse
- The Black Horse Inn Brighouse, West Yorkshire