We spent two nights at the Black Horse Inn with two friends on a Travelzoo promotion of two nights' bed and breakfast with dinner from the set menu or £35 towards the a la carte menu on one night.
The accommodation was in superior rooms which were in a separate building across the street, where the rooms are named after Champagne houses. The room we were allocated was nicely furnished with French-style furniture with red accents, except for an ultra-modern red side table which I thought dreadful but, of course, that's personal taste. Soft furnishings were of good quality and towels were fluffy and white. Housekeeping was generally good except there was a stain on the bed sash, marks on the blind in the bathroom and the artificial flowers in the bathroom were dusty.
The inn is comfortably furnished and the bar stocks local ale. Alcohol is reasonably priced. Food was very good, excellent quality, flavoursome and nicely presented.
Staff are efficient and friendly. Miguel, the manager is a gem.
We'd happily return and recommend the inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Olde worlde 17th-century inn located in the quiet village of Clifton, AA rosette restaurant, beautiful rooms converted from cottages. M62 just 1/2 a mile, away from it all yet close to everything. We are located in an ideal place for touring the scenic beauty spots of Yorkshire, the historic City of York and scores of Country Houses and Parks. Leeds, Bradford & Huddersfield are all less than twenty minutes drive away which makes us a convenient centre for traveler's on both business or for pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Agoda so you can book your The Black Horse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Black Horse Hotel Brighouse
- The Black Horse Inn Brighouse, West Yorkshire