“Stopover en route to Scarborough”
Review of The Casa Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brighouse
The Casa Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Brighouse B&B and Inns
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Stopover en route to Scarborough”
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

On first impressions this hotel is still under refurbishment, everything looks nice but not quite finished off.
The room was small with a wooden floor which hadn't been laid properly, big gaps at the edges, and moved when you walked on it. Nice big comfy bed and adequate shower room .some things haven't been thought out, for instance, the kettle was placed under the hanging area for clothes.
We ate in the restaurant which was nice food and wine, breakfast was great and served by a lovely lady who made you feel really welcome.
We were overcharged on checkout, we really should have queried the bill at the time but were rushing, however the overcharge has been returned to us following several phone calls from me. Thank you to Amy at the hotel for your help in this matter, maybe giving guests an itemised bill on checkout would be better practice

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ayr
Reviewed 13 March 2013

This place sounded so good in the write up about it but what a disappointment when we got there. Yes, it has been recently done up, not quite finished I'd say. The room was tiny, just enough space to walk round the bed, no bedside table or shelf. The floor was wooden so when sitting up on the bed ( no chairs in the room) the bed slid across the floor also rather cold on your bare feet in the morning. The lakeside view was technically correct but the was a car park and a row of trees between you and the lake. The window was to floor level so anyone in the car park could look right into the room. The walls were paper thin, I heard every word of the chap next doors telephone conversation and the road noise was awful, bearing in mind we had a lakeside room the rooms at the raod side must have been awful, the hotel sits on a very busy road.
We ate in the restauant which was very cold, I kept my coat on all night, and was not impressed with the food, pretty tasteless. The restaurant was very bare but perhaps they jsut hadn't finished it yet? The breakfast was OK, served in the bar area as there was a meeting in the restaurant. The bar area was very modern with only a few proper seat, the rest were stools, not very comfortable to sit on for an evening. The staff were very pleasant.

Room Tip: Don't think there is one
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mowal

Travellers are raving about these Brighouse hotels

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Stayed here Feb 13 for birthday and Valentine meal.Booked the feature room which is lovely,great views and super comfy bed.Room rates and menu/bar drinks are fairly priced and staff are very professional.Gorgeous meal and excellent service,eaten here many times before and always enjoy.Hotel setting is unique and sitting outside in the summer cannot be beaten for the views and atmosphere!
I have read previous comments and find them unfair,yes the hotel is under going renovations which is a positive for guests,it certainly doesn't put me off and shouldn't put others off.Will be back!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We booked in for a family meal and I wish we hadn't wasted our money.
Noise level unbearable - food sub standard and service very poor.
I would not visit this hell hole again.
The exterior was like a building site - in fact the whole place needs work doing.
The best thing is the view.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Zakroon
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Only just started using Trip Adviser but wanted to add a review from our wedding in August 2009 and subsequent meals since.
In May 2008 we booked the marquee as our reception venue following our wedding abroad. At the time of booking we went and had lunch and we were impressed with the food, the service and the prices. When we came to organise the reception the wedding organiser had changed and we dealt with Natalie who was lovely and helpful. There were some confusion nearer the reception date in August and a meeting was missed but we were given a free meal in the restaurant to make up. Again the food was lovely and service could not be faulted.
On our reception day we arrived early to set up the marquee and have lunch and some guests who were staying in the hotel came and checked in early and we enjoyed relaxing drinks on the terrace overlooking the lake. We had the superior room with lovely 4 poster bed and balcony over looking the lake. The bed was a bit wobbly and squeaky but very comfortable. The bathroom lovely and clean with a good shower. Everyone who stayed said their rooms were lovely and had no complaints.
The marquee as a venue overlooking the lake was lovely, and lit up in the evening was so pretty. There was bar and toilets so we did not have to go back into re main building plus part of the terraces were cordoned off for our use. We chose the barbecue option for the food which was faultless, well cooked and lots to eat. Many went back for seconds to make sure none went to waste. The staff on the bar were efficient and Natalie the wedding organiser was there the whole time to over see everything. When the party wound up we then retired to the hotel bar for "one for the road"!
It was lovely waking up to a sunny day and having a coffee on the balcony - just like being abroad. And breakfast in the main restaurant was lovely. We went for full English and it was delicious. Check out was easy and we'd had a great time at a great venue.

We returned on our 1st wedding anniversary for their "hot rock" steak and hen we mentioned it was our anniversary and that the reception had been in the marquee the staff sent over a free drink each.

We love casa and have never had a bad meal there and service has always been great.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
SamCasa, Group Manager at The Casa Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Hi Theresa W,
Thanks for your comments on TripAdvisor. We're glad to hear you're impressed. I have passed your feedback on to the team, who are still continuing to provide the service you enjoyed so much at your Wedding! We hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Dirty rooms! Spiders everywhere! What looks to be a pretty lakeside hotel is a hell hole! Do not have your wedding here. The facilities are poor with tiny dirty bedrooms and even worse, smelly toilets in the marquee! I took my two children here to attend a relatives wedding, by the end of the day with all the complaints i just felt sorry for the poor couple. The place clearly needs new managment as it does have a certain apeal! Lets hope that balcony accident closes the place down! Poor poor poor bride to be!

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank Jasonwade
Hi Jasonwade,
Thanks for your comments on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry to read your review and that your stay was so unpleasant. If you could please let me know when you visited the site I can look into this more for you as we have not had any recent Wedding bookings. As far as the marquee toilets are concerned, these are situated in a marquee and as such are not a permanent installation, again we have had some changes on site in the recent months. As far as your comments re: incident, the people involved were not a bridal party. Of course this is irrelevant anyway, we are working with the local authority to fully investigate the incident.
If you would email me the dates you visited to sam@thecasahotel.com that would be great.
Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I would just like to pre warn any body looking in to booking there wedding here!
We pre booked this venue back in June, we went to pay our deposit and was told it was alot more than what we were told by the wedding planner????
We then had to save up the exra, I called them once we had the money but the wedding planner was not there but i informed the lady that we were going that evening to pay for the wedding and i also told her the date and asked if the wedding planner could call me asap.(that didn't happen)
We arrived that evening and the lady that answered my call was confused to why she hadn't called me as she had been told that i was going to be called straight away????
We were then told that another couple had booked the venue on our date that day!!!
I have had nothing but a sorry. The staff were understanding but the manager was awful and basically told me that there was nothing they could do and told me to find some where else?!?!?!
I have never been spoken to the way he spoke to me. We now have to start from scratch and every where we have tried is booked. TOTAL DISASTER!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Amanda588
SamCasa, Group Manager at The Casa Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2012
Hi Amanda,
Thanks for your comments on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear that you have been left feeling disappointed by your recent experience. There were issues with booking and securing the date you wanted, we reserve dates provisionally for 14 days to allow customers to make arrangements for churches, registrars, deposits etc. The 14 days had unfortunately lapsed by the time your deposit was paid and in the absence of any response a booking was taken several weeks later.
I know that the alternative dates we suggested for you were not convenient, but I am afraid your suggestion of cancelling the second Wedding booking was by no means fair on another Wedding couple. If you would like to discuss the issue further please don't hesitate to contact me on sam@thecasahotel.com.

Regards