“Terrible ... simply terrible”
Review of The Casa Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brighouse
The Casa Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Brighouse B&B and Inns
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Terrible ... simply terrible”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

though very cheap at ~£45 this is not a hotel but simply 5 rooms bolted on the side of a Yates's type bar - bring your earplugs

we had a terrible nights sleep here as the music - all on a ground floor went on till about midnight and loads of pissed people going to the toilets down the corridor of the rooms is very off putting

though the view is nice - you wont sleep as you can hear the people in the rooms next door to you

the breakfast was a slight saving grace but average at best - do not stay here unless there are literally no other alternatives

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank martinfjlewis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My partner and I were on road trip and wanted somewhere to stay for the night. We found this 'hotel' for £50/night that looked marvellous. I checked their website, their photos were of this grand looking, modern hotel at the edge of a gorgeous lake. The rooms claimed to have a balconies and lake views and this made it stand out above the rest of the hotels in the area, so I convinced my partner to go.

When we arrived, we first noticed that it looked more like a pub than a hotel and it looked in need of some TLC. We were immediately confused by the lack of reception area and finally made our way to the bar where they checked us in.

They brought us to this room that was only slightly bigger than my bathroom at home. The door wouldn't open/close because the linoleum flooring had bubbled up and we had to stomp on it to close the door. The 'balcony' was more of a 'balconette' that was dirty and covered in huge spiders and webs. Being arachnophobic, I was already put off.

The TV's remote didn't even work, and I'd seen enough, so we decided to go out.

We went for a walk into the town and found a lovely path around 2 reservoirs which brought us back to the hotel. We decided to check the restaurant but it did not look inviting and the bar was loud with revelling cricketers. We went out and found a Marstons pub nearby.

When we returned, the bar was even more lively and loud with music blaring. We returned to our room hoping for some quiet but this was far from what we got. There is only a flimsy door between the bar and the rooms so everything can be heard. We finally got the tv working by using the buttons on the side of the tv. However we did this blindly as it was mounted so close to the adjoining wall, we couldn't see the buttons and could barely fit our hand around it, but it drowned out some of the noise from the bar, to my relief.

As a previous reviewer mentioned, the only window in the room is the door, and with spiders, this is not inviting. The 'view' of the lake is also a strain. The view is more of the car park and if you look far right, you can see a bit of lake.

I would have asked to be upgraded but all the rooms were pretty much the same size and the ones on the ground floor opened up straight onto the car park.

This was a Sunday night so I thought it would be over soon but the music and noise went on until I fell asleep at 11pm.

Breakfast was confusing, a menu was finally provided. And although I only had half a sausage, an egg, some toast and a coffee, I ended up with indigestion. After seeing the breakfast, I'm also glad we didn't pay the extortionate prices on the evening menu the night before.

All in all, it was the worst experience in any establishment I've ever been in and I feel completely misled. This place should be advertised as a pub with some rooms, not a hotel. Angles are everything and they have really utilised this in their photos.

The photo of a large green lawn, overlooking a lake, leaves out the other half of the ground that is currently falling into the lake. Glass is nice decor too, if kept clean but it was not.

My advice, stay away. What an absolute joke.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Tess D

Travellers are raving about these Brighouse hotels

Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights for a wedding , had a family room ridiculous size for 5 people climbing over beds and having to stand in corridor to get ready for wedding . Room seemed clean but invites in drawer from wedding on 31/8/13 and also some kids toys left there thank god nothing offensive was left as staff obviously don't clean well enough !!

Toilets In bar area were disgusting at every time of day and night , breakfast was average but choice was not explained ,no menu a man just asks how many breakfasts ?? Didn't know what the choice was !
The weddi g reception was good but outside lighting was non existent so dangerous when taking children and elderly back to rooms .
I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Tammy R
Keighley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

We attended a Italian wedding on the 31st August. The food was beautiful and the service and friendliness if the staff was first class.
Well done!!
We were in the marquee which was beautiful and warm too. Gorgeous view of the lake, and no trouble parking either

• Stayed August 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Fantastic view of the lake ,watching the water skiers ,lovely dinner in the restaurant and a comfortable room .Breakfast was served in the bar as there was a meeting in the restaurant, but no hassle or rush. Thanks to Jack and his friendly staff for a lovely stay to celebrate my daughters graduation.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Booked this hotel despite some poor reviews as at a competition 0.5 mile away. Greeting by a member of bar staff was welcoming and show me to my room, yes the rooms are not the largest, and this was the upgraded room with the decking, it's not that private on the decking as it's shared with the other rooms in a row. The bath room was large enough and fitted to a good standard.
Only real concerned was that the only ventilation was by opening the patio door onto the decking which I did not consider safe over night on a ground floor particular since the deck is open to the car park. Didn't try the included breakfast as needed to leave early.

Tim

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Tim C
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Me and my Husband used to eat here as a 'treat' and think the food and the restaurant and the views and the staff are all amazing!
We decided we wanted our wedding here after taking a sneaky peak into the marquee and seeing how well it is set up!
From the beginning Amy & Sam were as helpful as could be, they always gave us complimentary drinks and saw to us straight as we walked through the door! It made our experience of 'Wedding Planning' very enjoyable. They discussed all options with us and gave us an exact quote sent via email the day after our initial meeting. The price never changed, we knew exactly how much we had to pay when, and if Amy or Sam weren't working the other staff were more than happy to help when we were dropping money off.

On the big day we arrived to be greeted with champagne and escorted to the marquee. The day was beautiful and sunny which made the view even more spectacular. The majority of the outside area was reserved for our wedding party which was great. And the room looked amazing, Amy did a great job on it, there had obviously been a lot of care and attention taken.
The bar staff were friendly and the food was great, I had to seriously hold back from eating the lot as it was so nice, but I didnt want to get too full!

I understand the hotel rooms are small - but they look small on the pictures and we didnt expect anything else, it was really just a bed to get some kip! Though the 'Honeymoon' Suite is much larger than the rest. They are all clean, well presented and decorated modernly! I dont see how anyone could find them unappropriate!

We woke up to a fab brekki overlooking the lake couldn't have been any better!

ALL my guests were absolutely blown away with the venue and have all been back since! Everyone I have spoken to, family or friends, have said it was the best wedding they had ever been too!

Thanks to all at CASA who made our day so very special!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighouse
The Waterfront Hotel
#1 of 1 in Sowerby Bridge
The Black Horse Inn
The Black Horse Inn
#1 of 5 in Brighouse

Been to The Casa Hotel? Share your experiences!