“Calderdales hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of ROKT Climbing Gym

ROKT Climbing Gym
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Brighouse
More attraction details
Owner description: ROKT Climbing Gym is set to become one of the largest indoor climbing centres in the UK. Offering a range of climbing opportunities, including bouldering, top-rope, lead climbing plus abseiling, and a wide selection of climbing courses, classes and packages, ROKT is a fun day out for all.Drop in for a tour or give us a call for further information on how to get started at ROKT.
Halifax, United Kingdom
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Calderdales hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I only discovered this place on my door step as a result of my partner wanting to have a go at climbing for her birthday and trust me it is arguably one of Calderdales hidden treasure.

After finding the place on tinterweb I called in for a visit to see what they could offer and was immediately met with friendly and enthusiastic staff. A short tour of the facility and an explanation of what courses were on offer, I booked a taster climbing session for the both of us.

On the day of the session, we turned up to again to be met with friendly staff who provided us with a loan of a locker and the use of climbing shoes. Once kitted out, our tutor introduced us to the joys of bouldering and climbing. And I can't praise him enough as he was exceptional at explaning climbing techniques, giving route advice and giving encouragment to us novice climbers. Indeed when we came face to face with the big rope climb wall we were confident that we would get to the top without any issues and without the fear of falling.

And the session itself is really well done as it was adaptable to our fatigue levels and to what we enjoyed most. This meant that even though we both enjoyed the vertical rope climb, we didn't have the stamina to try it again so ended the session trying some more of the bouldering eooms that they had.

All in all we thoroughly enjoyed the experience and left talking about when we would be going back and to who we could drag with us.

Go visit this place, you won't regret it.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Richard T

Halifax, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“excellent climbing facility”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I love this gym. my children attend regular classes here and have been doing for a while and they love it. My favourite thing about rokt is when they hold open days there it is always worth a visit. last time they had exotic animals of their river deck, food and drink flowing plus you were able to try your hand at the many activities they do such as bouldering, abseiling, slacklining, caving and many more. Big thumbs up ROKT for keeping my girls sticking at something for more than a passing phase. Staff

Visited June 2014
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awsome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I was persuaded to go with my friends and had never climbed before, the staff were very helpful in explaining how the different colors work and theres so many areas you dont know where to start! I enjoyed it tho and was in pain the next day. I would imagine for someone who knows about climbing this would be the place to go, i will probarbly be going again!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Kacy W
Halifax, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kids favourite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Our kids love it here, drop them off and let them go.. Staff always friendly and helpful, really great team on hand to help.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Mariemarks
Brighouse, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have only been to watch my grandchildren they think it is great. Watching the real climbers is amazing and lots of areas to keep the children happy.

Visited December 2013