Good bits first: lots of parking, spacious layout. The staff were uniformly excellent.
Okay bits next: the rooms are okay. They are nothing plush, certainly nothing like the latest in design, but they are comfortable and adequate for a night or two. Our room was on the west side of the hotel (a looooooong walk from reception) but had a pleasant view over the dale. Breakfast was distinctly average.
Bad bits: this place has to have the world's most expensive internet. How the hell they can justify £25 for two days' internet is beyond my comprehension. It wouldn't be so bad if it was fast - it isn't (barely 2Mbps). Shameful that they can so blatantly bite (nay, chomp on) the hands that feed them - the business market. I would avoid this hotel in future solely because of this repugnant and blatant gouging. Complaining to the staff only got a reply of "yes, everyone complains about it" Well, then, DO something about it.
The only thing that made that repugnant sting bearable was that I got the room so cheaply.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the contemporary Express by Holiday Inn Leeds City Centre - the modern choice for business or pleasure!Our reception, lounge, breakfast area & meeting rooms have been transformed with an extensive public area refurbishment. We boast a stunning, contemporary look that combines style & comfort.Our modern hotel offers en suite guestrooms with air conditioning, satellite TV, tea/coffee facilities, hairdryer & power showers. Our value room rates also include complimentary continental breakfast. Additional facilities include car parking & refurbished meeting rooms. The Express by Holiday Inn Leeds hotel is just a 10-15 min walk from the main city centre offering lots to keep you occupied including an excellent choice of restaurants, cafe bars, over 1000 shops & unique venues including the Corn Exchange & Victoria Quarter.Our Leeds hotel is ideally situated on the city centre perimeter making it convenient for Leeds University, Leeds Metropolitan University, business & financial district, courts & Leeds General Infirmary. The Express by Holiday Inn Leeds is also a great choice for sports fans with Headingley Stadium and Elland Road Football Stadium (Leeds United) nearby. York & Wetherby racecourses are within a 30-45 minutes drive.NewsEvery room now air conditionedEvery guestroom refurbishedWe're now a 100% non-smoking hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse Hotel Brighouse
- Holiday Inn Brighouse
- Brighouse Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse West Yorkshire