“What a wonderful wedding!”

Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Brighouse
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My fiancee and I attended a wedding at the Holiday Inn on Sunday 26th May and it was fantastic. The staff were very polite and friendly, the room itself where the wedding was held was very light and clean and the wedding decor was set out very nicely.
The little courtyard outside was lovely with the large hanging baskets all the way around and the fountain in the middle.
The weather was beautiful and the Bride and Groom had an amazing wedding day as did all their guests.
Perfect!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas88_11
HI-LeedsBrighouse, PA to General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear Thomas88_11,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your visit to the Hotel while attending the Wedding. I have passed your kind comments about our staff to the hotel team and they were as delighted as I was to received them.

It is wonderful to received feedback from our guest to enable us to maintain our levels of customer service.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed here while on a National Holiday Weekend away, it was fantastic from start to finish.

We arrived and checked in with ease and were told where to find our rooms - rooms were large, airy and very clean. We put our bags in our rooms and then headed to the bar, they have a lovely large outdoor seating area with custioned chairs and a water fountain. We enjoyed sitting outside in the sun while drinking our drinks - the bar had a good choice. We ate in the restaurant in the evening and all of the staff were friendly and the food was beautiful and plentiful. We then sat inside and had drinks in the bar - beautiful views.

Had a great sleep - beds were very comfortable and a choice of firm or soft pillows.

Breakfast was fantastic - the choice was amazing, especially the fresh pancakes (want a machine like that at home), fruit, cereals, cooked breakfasts etc.

We didn't use the pool area due to time but from what we could see it looked lovely with super views.

It's a hotel I wouldn't think twice about visiting again!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
HI-LeedsBrighouse, PA to General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear Wendzd,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback here on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay and hope that when we next have the pleasures of welcoming you to the Hotel you have the time to enjoy our leisure facilities.

Dawn

Reviewed 25 May 2013

I have stayed at many Holiday Inns, before now, and have always enjoyed them. This hotel, however, was near perfect from start to finish.

Every single member of staff was friendly, helpful, and couldn't do enough for you. The hotel itself was easy to find (within sight of the M62), quiet, clean and well-maintained. Breakfast was of a very high standard - complete with black puddings (always a good sign, as far as I'm concerned), and gorgeous scrambled egg, as well as the usual choice of cereals, breads, pastries, fruit, cold meats, cheese, and full English selection.

I arrived just before 10pm, but check-in was completed within a couple of minutes, with everything ready, and not even a swipe of my credit card. The room was beautifully quiet, even with the busy M62 within sight from the front of the hotel. The room was a standard double, but was a very good size, well maintained and clean.

I went for a pre-breakfast swim in the pool in the morning. Again facilities are excellent (if I had to quibble, the changing room was a little on the snug side), and the pool has wonderful views of the Yorkshire hills, which must be even better from the jacuzzi thanks to its elevated position.

If needing to stay in the area again, I would have absolutely no hesitation in booking in here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Dear BigWoo,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse and have shared your feedback with the whole team here and they were ecstatic to received such kind comments.

We do hope that when you are next in the area we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel.

Dawn

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Me and my friend went for a spa day with Living Social. The member of staff in the health club was very nice, showed us where everything was and what to do then took us down to the bar area for coffee as this was included in the deal. We sat down and waited quite a long time to be served and when I went to the bar to order was told very abruptly “weren’t you told I would be over in 5 minutes?"- Not how I expect to treated.

The pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room were very good and the gym seemed well equipped although we did not use this. The changing rooms are very small and although a drying machine for swimsuits is provided, there are no plastic bags to use so you still have to put a damp costume in your bag.

Our deal included 25% off food so the young man on reception in the health club took us back down to the bar and explained we had the offer to the staff. The food was very good and well presented- I had the steak baguette and chips, my friend the roast beef and horseradish, served with crisps. Quite expensive without the offer but on a par with prices in most hotels. Again the same member of staff behind the bar flounced about and did not smile- perhaps re-training in customer service is needed. Altogether an enjoyable time and good value with the offer.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
HI-LeedsBrighouse, PA to General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Dear holidayaddict51,

I am delighted that you had the opportunity to take advantage of this offer with our Spirit Health Club and greatly appreciate your review for our facilities and service.

I have shared your feedback with the team here at the hotel, including the health club who were happy to receive such kind praise .

I was however disappointed to read your comment with regards to the service that you received within our Bar. The Food and Beverage Manager is investigating the member of staff on duty at that time and will take the necessary action including re-training.

I am glad that you enjoyed your overall experience and hope that you will have the opportunity to return to the leisure club in the future.

It is with feedback from our guests that we can maintain and improve our levels of service and standards.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Booked three rooms here for a brief one night stay and all three rooms were clean and spacious. we were on a room only basis and did not use the bar and restaurant but did purchase a mixture of Starbucks coffees and frappes which were excellent. The pool, steam room and jacuzzi facilities are excellent and well worth taking your swimsuit for! Friendly staff and good location for M62 network. Would definitely use again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear MrsBFrank,

Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback here on TripAdviser.

It is delightful to received such kind praise regarding our facilities and staff.

Your review has been shared with our Hotel team and they were very proud to learn that you had enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel when you next have cause to visit the area.

Pa to General Manager

Reviewed 6 May 2013

We had a fantastic experience at the Holiday Inn in Brighouse. We booked online from Australia and our emails were always answered promptly. We booked connecting rooms for our family of 5 and stayed for 4 nights. At check in there was a little confusion about our booking but this was this was quickly rectified without any fuss by Tony who also spotted that we had been charged twice and remedied that immediately. Nothing was too much trouble for the friendly staff; from booking taxis to allowing my mother to leave milk & nappies for the children in the room before we checked in. The breakfast was good, the beds were comfortable, the rooms, the common areas and the pool were all clean. We would highly recommend this hotel. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear JessT,

Thank you for leaving your review of Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse here on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to learn that you able to take advantage of our facilities, including the pool and enjoyed our new award winning breakfast.

Your kind feedback about the staff, in particular our Reservations Manager Tony is greatly appreciated and has been communicated to the whole team within the Hotel.

We do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel when next a visit over from Australia.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

I stayed here for the second time recently on business. The hotel is located close to the motorway making it attractive for business people. My room was spotless and everything worked well. The staff were very helpful and the evening meal and breakfast were both of a good standard. I opened my bedroom window at night and heard no traffic so must depend on location. I as was on the second floor overlooking some greenery! A good choice if the location suits and only 15 minutes by taxi into Leeds at the quieter times of the day. I used the spa facilities and they were good too though in need of some refurbishment before too long. I will go back

Room Tip: Check the location of the room and ask for a quiet rock if needed