“Hospitality at its best”

Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Brighouse
Bray-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“Hospitality at its best”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel. The staff are really friendly and welcoming. The rooms are spacious and always very clean. Food wise they do a meal deal, two courses and two drinks for £20....value indeed as the food is good, I particularly recommend the steak and kidney pie. The hotel has a great gym and swimming pool. Tend to stay here whenever in the area....it is consistently a pleasure to stay here.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HI-LeedsBrighouse, PA to General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear JonnersB,

Thank you for the great review of Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse. Looking forward to welcoming you again in the future, especially as we have a new menu with lots more tasty dishes for you to try.

Dawn Bussey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Glasgow
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Great hotel. The location near the motorway network is great for travellers visiting West Yorkshire. The food is good and the staff are friendly. Can't ask for more and couldn't fault the place, 5 stars and worthy of it.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
HI-LeedsBrighouse, PA to General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Martin C,

Thank you for the 5 star Review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back when you next have business within the area.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Opted for this hotel due to location, just off M62 and ideal for next mornings meeting close by in Huddersfield.

Reception cheery and chirpy, but felt after I checked in and got my key that was it, no dinner times, or breakfast times, no directions to room, nothing about health suite.

Room was on 1st floor, clean and well appointed, good facilities, everything in room worked, no dead power sockets and the normal complicated hotel TV. However as it appears rooms had been modernied the bathroom had a singing shower and was rather shabby in parts. On way to bedroom a function hadn't been tidied away, this was at 7pm, it still hadn't been tidied away at 11pm.

I opted for DBB package and at £97.50 was the best business options, as with check in, once your bum hit seat there was no menu explanation of what was and what wasn't included in the DBB package, maybe better if the hotel has a table d'hote menu for DBB package guests. I had tomato soup and it was not out a tin - tasty and lots of it, however the fish and chips (Sustainably sourced hake fillet in crispy golden batter with chunky chips) left a lot to be desired - clearly not freshly caught, batter soggy and fell off fillet and when it did exposed a grey pre formed fish fillet. You guys can do better than this.

Breakfast was like in a different restaurant, congratulations for a delicious breakfast, wow crispy bacon - too many places serve scraggy end fatty bacon, 10/10 here and if you could replicate this to dinner you would have a fab restaurant.

Whether or not it is new IHG program, I find it disappointing that a hotel doesn't furnish its rooms with a bottle of water or a biscuit, you are kind enough to leave a hospitality tray, this would be the difference between being remembered or not.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Scottex,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay here at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay, but am disappointed that there were issues which resulted in it not being the perfect 'Holiday Inn Experience'.

I have communicated the details of your Check In Experience to our Reception Supervisor, while I am happy that you were welcomed into the Hotel in a friendly personable manner, I do apologise that you were not given details of the facilities we offer and their locations or opening times which are a vital part of orientating yourself through your stay.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your Fish and Chips, I have passed your comments to our Executive Head Chef, who will be investigating where improvements can be made to make this a better quality dining option. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast, setting you up ready for your business day ahead.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel to show you that on this occasion you didn't experience our usual high standards in all areas.

Yours Sincerely,

Nottingham
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I came here a few weeks ago and loved it BUT this time it was disappointing.
The room had a balcony which was nice and I sat reading a book in the evening sun, this was the only highlight.
The pillows were uncomfortable, shower a mere trickle and they decided to change the air con to winter mode without telling us! I asked for a fan to be told there weren't any but if you open the window you will cool down??? I ended up sleeping with the balcony doors open but seeing as the person next door obviously had a bad nicotine addiction my room filled with cigarette smoke at four in the morning!
Guests being loud very early in the morning was also another bad point but that's not the inns fault, that's just inconsiderate guests.
I wasn't impressed with the prawn Madras, very salty. The veg chilli was tasty and i don't know where the tortilla was being stored but they were chewy :/
The main reason for me staying at holiday inns is the air con but now they are switching to winter mode I will be going back to premier inns.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Kernowhuskies,

Thank you for writing a review following your most recent stay with us, I am also very disappointed that the stay your experienced on this occasion was below your expectations, as kindly commented on in your last review of the Hotel .

Our System of Heating and Cooling within the rooms is a thermostatically controlled unit which has both a Summer and Winter Setting. We have a had the pleasure of enjoying a warmer temperature during the beginning of October than we are used to and resulting in the winter setting not being required on some evenings. I do apologise that a fan was not available during your stay and following your feedback we now have a stock of fans in the hotel so that other guests do not experience this same problem.

Your feedback enables us to maintain and improve our levels of service, facilities and standards.

Yours Sincerely,

Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed here for a relaxing weekend, mid September, whilst major work was being done to our house a few miles away, and just to get away from things for a while. No complaints at all - friendly and extremely helpful reception staff made the visit a pleasure right from the word go. (Why do so many establishments fail, on this most important point ?) The room was well sized, and immaculately cleaned. We had the brunch in the following morning and I must say I was more than enough to keep us full all day - didn't feel hungry at all until dinner at 7.00

All in all, a lovely stay, and can't fault the place at all.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Michael R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here on TripAdvisor.

It is fantastic to received should high praise for our staff and I have shared your Review with them.

As a local, we do understand that you will not always have the requirement to stay at a Hotel so near to home but hope that we may welcome you for Sunday lunch, Dinner or to the Spirit Health Club if not for a Stay again in the future.

Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Just got back from a short weekend break, spending one night at this lovely hotel.
Room was booked through the coach I travelled on.
Before we all got off the coach, the hotel receptionist came aboard to tell us about the hotel and then handed us all our key cards for our rooms.
Was in a lovely large room with a double and single bed on the ground floor. This room was more than adequate for me as was a solo traveller.
There was tea/coffee in the room, as well has trouser press, hair dryer and the room was clean. Pillows had tags on showing which were soft/ firm which was a nice touch.
Dinner was between 6.30 - 7.30pm. There was a queue waiting to be seated in the restaurant but didn't take long to be seated.
I asked for a table for 1 and once seated on a table for 4, was then told that people may be seated with me. After stating that I really did want to dine on my own it wasn't no problem.
Food was buffet style and a very good choice of hot and cold, all fresh and plenty of.
There were 3 courses but I passed on the cauliflower soup and had lasagne, roast potatoes, carrots and peas. For dessert I chose apple pie and cream, I was hoping to go back for seconds as there was a chocolate torte and what looked like a raspberry/strawberry torte, but sadly I was full after the 2 courses.
There was a wedding party in having their reception there, the bride and groom were having photos taken by the lovely fountain outside in the middle of the hotel.
I never got to swim in the pool as had eaten. Saw the gym and it looks well equipped.
All staff were very friendly and professional.
I slept better in this hotel bed then my own bed !
Loved the views from the hotel especially from the restaurant too.
Was nice and quiet. Highly recommend. And shall stay again.

Room Tip: I was in room 123 and very happy with it.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear ladylouie,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay here at the Hotel and enjoyed your dining experience.

We do hope that should we have the pleasure of welcoming you back, it will be for a little bit longer so that you have the chance to experience our Spirit Health Club facilities.

Letchworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Very impressed with first view of the hotel. Great location, with easy access to M62 and local roads. Welcoming and helpful staff at reception even though we were early for check in. The room rate was excellent value though breakfast was a little expensive, also the toaster burnt the toast and was not adjustable. A better option would be to buy Brunch after breakfast is finished. The lounge was very comfortable and coffee (Starbucks) very good. Room was spacious and comfortable, we had view over central courtyard and fountain.
The only negative was the pool which we had looked forward to using for an early morning swim, wasn't open due to staff menber not turning up.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
HI-LeedsBrighouse, PA to GM at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Hello fishnchipfriday,

Thank you for the fab comments, they are really appreciated.

I do apologise for the issues you experienced with accessing the pool, I can assure you that this is not a regular occurrence.

Look forward to welcoming you back again.

Dawn
PA to General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighouse
The Waterfront Hotel
#7 of 17 in Huddersfield
Cambridge Hotel
Cambridge Hotel
#4 of 17 in Huddersfield

Been to Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse? Share your experiences!