“Check for special rates”

Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Brighouse
Yorkshire
“Check for special rates”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed here whilst visiting relatives in the area. Booked the day before travelling and tried the Holiday Inn site first using my Priority Club reward card. I was offered a reduction but decided to check other sites before I confirmed. So glad I did as there was a further £20 reduction if booked through Booking.com. The hotel was in a good, elevated position and in quite a rural setting. It appears to have only two levels - our room was on the first floor and had a balcony with an open view. Unfortunately, didn't get chance to use the gym or spa but saw them as we walked to our room. There appeared to be plenty of public spaces throughout the hotel. We were expecting to leave early in the morning so didn't have breakfast in the hotel either. The room was clean, nicely furnished with a table and chairs, desk, flat screen TV, trouser press, iron and ironing board. Would have happily spent more time in the room/hotel if it had been on another occasion. Staff on reception were pleasant and welcoming. Huge car park with plenty of free spaces. The only negative feedback would be for the bed. The mattress was in need of replacing as it wasn't comfortable and my back ached in the morning but this would not deter us from staying again.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room with a balcony and view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Axeloskar,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel following your stay.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay while visiting your family over the Festive period.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel when you are next in the area.

Louise Dodd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Stayed while attending my cousins wedding at the hotel. Rooms cleans and tidy as expected, noisy and cold outside but warm and quite inside. Comfortable beds, plenty of pillows. Spotless bathroom. I found the light switches confusing and would have liked information on breakfast in the room. Unfortunately i did have trouble sleeping but this was no result of the hotel, and night staff were very accommodating and friendly. Breakfast again was to the same expected standard.

Dear April H,

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse following your recent stay.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your experience here at the Hotel and to make your stay more convenient on future stays would like to make you aware that you can find further details of the facilities and opening times of the Restaurant, Bar and Spirit Health Club within the Menu option on all in room Televisions.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Stayed on a Friday night as my partner had hers works Christmas party, as a Platinum member I am used to recieving upgrades having stayed at a number of IHG hotels in the UK and in Europe, but this was by far the nicest room I have stayed in in any IHG hotel.

We were upgraded to the luxurious Lacy suite (without requesting it) and we couldnt have asked for any more.

The staff including reception, bar, restuaraunt Health club and cleaning staff were excellent in every way and it was a pleasure to be treated so courteously and considerately

My congratulations to the management team and staff at Leeds Brighouse , IHG should in my opinion be using youre hotel as a benchmark for good customer service and as an example of what all IHG hotels should aspire to.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed excellent , the Lacy Suite was by far the best room I have stayed in in any IHG bra...
1 Thank Kev A
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Kev A,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse.

I was delighted to read your kind comments regarding our staff and the service that you received during your visit. I do agree that we have a great team here at the Hotel and they were thrilled when I shared your review with them.

We do hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.

Brighouse, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I came here Thursday 12th December with a large group of residents from where I work, this is our third time here.
In total there were 30 of us and although the restaurant was full with other parties, the restaurant staff were superb. Special thanks to Luke and Alise who waited on us the entire time we were there and nothing seemed too much trouble, even catering for the special diets of those in our party . Christmas lunch was a bargain for what you get, good choices and plenty food well done.
Therefore if the manager reads this as I have seen you do please pass my thanks on to your team, I would be grateful for that. Hope to do it again next year.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Tracey G,

Thank you for writing a review for the Festive Lunch you attended recently here at the Hotel.

I am delighted that the entire party enjoyed their lunch and I have shared your review with our team, our guest's feedback is always greatly appreciated.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for our festive lunches next year, if not before.

Brough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Duty manager very friendly and welcoming. Quick check in. Plenty of places to sit in the public areas. The very large room was spacious comfortable and spotless. There was a good choice of food, which was well presented and cooked.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear KeithB277,

Thank you for the fantastic review following your recent Coach Trip to visit the Local Christmas Market. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse in the future.

from North Yorkshire
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed here on business in November after a mix up at another Holiday Inn meant I had to be relocated. The staff went out of their way to make up for my inconvenience and were very helpful. My room was the usual high standard Holiday Inn accommodation. The restaurant and bar staff were very friendly and service was excellent. Food was also very good. I felt that the staff had been trained well to provide a high standard of customer care. My meal and drinks were complimentary to make up for the inconvenience caused. Hotel overlooks M62 but traffic is distant enough to not be heard. Only downside was it was a bit of a haul from car park up steps with my case and other gear. Breakfast was buffet style which meant that I could eat early and quickly and go. I would certainly stay here again. Hotel had leisure facilities but I didn't use them.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Swisstrekkers,

Thank you for writing a review of the Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse here on TripAdvisor following your recent stay.

It is wonderful to hear that you have enjoyed your 'Holiday Inn Experience' with us and Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff, your review has been shared with the entire Hotel Team.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future, were should you require any assistance with luggage, please inform our Reception team and a member of staff will be happy to assist.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to enjoy our Leisure facilities in the future as our view over the Yorkshire country side from our Jacuzzi on a cold day is particularly enjoyable.

cleethorpes
Reviewed 2 December 2013

not been here for a while arrived late and did nothave breakfast was gven upgrade public areas have been decorated since last visit staff friendly pool fine but did not open till eight on a saturday gnerally though i was happy with this hotel and after my unfortunate experience last time my faith was restored

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank CleethorpesGtfcfan
Dear CleethorpesGtfcfan,

Thank you for leaving your feedback after your recent return stay to the Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that the areas that you felt were lacking on your previous visit, you found to be improved. We do take all guest feedback seriously and use it to improve our service, standards and facilities.

We hope that the next time you are visiting the area, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Louise Dodd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighouse
The Waterfront Hotel
#7 of 17 in Huddersfield
Cambridge Hotel
Cambridge Hotel
#4 of 17 in Huddersfield

Been to Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse? Share your experiences!