“Still great!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Brighouse
Camby, Indiana
“Still great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I haven't stayed here for about 2 1/2 years, so I was pleased to be able to return. Comfy beds, the location is quite nice (not too far from the Huddersfield train station, and within walking distance from the greatest restaurant ever, the Black Horse), and the service is wonderful. There was an issue with payment of breakfast via purchasing this from Orbiz, but the lady at the front desk took care of everything very quickly, which was appreciated.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Melissa T,

I greatly appreciate you writing your review following your recent stay.

It is delightful to hear that you are enjoying returning to us once again and would like to thank you for your fantastic comments regarding the service from our staff.

I was disappointed to read that you experience an issue at your check out but am delighted that our receptionist rectified this for you promptly and to your satisfaction.

We look forward to your next visit.

Louise Dodd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

First time visit for long weekend away.

Car park slightly awkward to enter as it had 3 small metal bollards across, very narrow. Car park on 3 levels although first level is disabled & steps up from other levels not evenly spaced & a fair walk from the front door, but don't let that detract from staying here.

Reception clean & airy, check in quick & easy, staff very pleasant & efficient. Chargeable wifi available at hotel. Directed to our room on first floor which seemed a fair way from reception. No lift so cases have to be carried up two short flights of stairs.

Room spacious & clean, with a small table, 2 armchairs & a large flat screen television. Very relaxing. Plenty of clean towels & good shower with lots of hot water in the small, perfectly serviceable bathroom. Very comfortable bed with choice of 2 pillows each.

Used the health club, which was excellent throughout - very pleasant staff & good range of facilities for guests & members; a large gym, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi & large pool area with enough space for swimmers & non swimmers.

Purchased 2 brunch rolls from the hotel bar & whilst this was expensive at over £13 we both felt that it was tasty & really satisfied our needs.

Very pleasant stay & will be returning when in the area again.

Dear Paul197002,

Thank you for your great review of the hotel following your stay last month.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your first experience with us and would like to let you know that our staff will be happy to help with any luggage you require taking to your room, especially when located on the first floor.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Ripon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here for one night with my daughter as we were visiting Halifax the next day.

ALL the staff throughout the hotel were very helpful and friendly and did seem to genuinely enjoy their jobs.

The room we had was perfectly adequate for the job, not the biggest but clean and tidy, although there was a smell of stale smoke which wasn't ideal. I also found it a little frustrating for myself that we were situated in the last room at the end of the hotel (room 150) not ideal when you have a child and several trips to make from the room to the car and vice versa to get everything into the room.

We had room service and although they have changed the menu, the food served was at best edible. I ordered the childs pizza with a side of chips but when it came it was more like a plate of chips with a side of pizza! 4 little triangles... had I known this I would have ordered her the adult portion. My 'deli' sandwich wasnt the most tasty, it was quite dry and bland but as we were both hungry, the food filled the gap. We did have desserts and I have to say the desserts were excellent.

I have seen reference since my visit to a £20 meal voucher that you can get at check in. I wish I had known about this or been offered this at the time as I wasn't given the 'child eats free' option on my room service bill...which again means I may as well have ordered the adult portion as there was no benefit to be had.... Just a point to note if you are travelling as a single adult with child/children

The pool itself is a welcome bonus although we did find that the Health Club Members take their swimming membership very seriously (or certainly one in particular that we encountered Saturday night!) who was quite agressive toward my daughter who had 'stepped over' the line of the Leisure Lane into the Swimming Lane, despite my apologies.. Not the hotel's fault but again, another point to note - if your are going for a bit of a splash about KEEP TO YOUR DESIGNATED AREA....

Despite the couple of negatives, overall this hotel is a great example of one of the better Holiday Inns and yes, I would definately stay here again - next month in fact!!

Room Tip: If you want to be away from it all and in a quiet room at the very end of the corridor opt for room...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Hoofoowan,

I would like to thank you for writing your review of the Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse following your recent stay.

Your kind feedback of our staff was greatly appreciated and I have shared your review with the whole team here at the Hotel.

I was disappointed to read that you had experienced issues with regards to the 'Kids eat free' policy. I can confirm that we have reiterated the policy with the teams in all departments following your feedback so that future guest do not experience the same issues.

I am glad that we have the opportunity to welcome you back this month to experience the improvements we have made.

Yours Sincerely

south yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

a lovely romantic weekend nice hotel,lovely meal and a nice swimming pool stayed at this hotel before always good service and food comfy night, lovely swimming pool and gym.this hotel is very convienient for travelling up to hudersfield ,Halifax,even the moors up to Howarth and keithly

2 Thank Carole F
Dear Carole F,

Thank you for your review of the Hotel following your recent stay.

I am delighted that yourself and your husband enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy all our facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Me and my wife stayed here for just one night, and overall we had a great time despite the weather outside wet and windy it was lovely and warm in the hotel which was great. Staff as always were great and pleasant.

We tried out the pool and its a great size but felt that the pool its self could of done with a clean.

Since i last stop they have got barriers now as you go into the hotel that is just wide enough for cars why they put this in i dont know

overall we had a great time and would defo be coming back again :)

Dear Paul D,

I was delighted to read that yourself and your wife had enjoyed your visit to the Hotel and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back when you next have cause to visit the area.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed here many times for business, one night stay, as always staff very helpful, rooms good, updated so no complaints, see if you can get an upgrade, or 1st floor with balcony, and clean and food good, although they have changed the menu and think it's not as good, but quality is still high. Ask for a £20 meal voucher at check in, gives you two courses and two drinks for £20! Breakfast is very good, lady who cooks your eggs is great. Overall business or visiting the area, it's Avery good example of a holiday inn.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Murdorunciman,

Thank you for the great review following your stays here at the Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse.

I have passed on your kind comments to our staff and have informed Allison of the great job she is doing flipping her breakfast eggs.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Dawn
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed here for business , had my room upgraded to the suite and I must stay the staff were very helpful , sleep quality was good and the food service was also ok , have used this restaurant a couple of times now and will defiantly use it again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Deepcargreeks55
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Deepcargreeks55,

I wanted to write and thank you for the kind review that you have written following your recent stay here at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse.

I have shared your review with the Hotel team and they were as delighted as I was to read it.

We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Louise Dodd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighouse
The Waterfront Hotel
#1 of 1 in Gomersal
BEST WESTERN Pennine Manor Hotel
BEST WESTERN Pennine Manor Hotel
#11 of 17 in Huddersfield

Been to Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse? Share your experiences!