Free cancellation until 05/08
US$130
US$81
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$90/night.

Elder Lea House(Brighouse)
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$111
Premier Inn Huddersfield North Hotel(Brighouse)(Great Value!)
Lane Head Hotel(Brighouse)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnational holidaysleisure facilitiesswimming poolsauna and steam roomevening meal and breakfasthealth clubchanging roomstwo double bedsplatinum memberyorkshire dalesgood sizebar areapublic areasthe ground floorwedding partyhotel is situatedweekend break
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed in an exec room for 2 nights in mid June and overall it was a pleasant stay, with nice staff and good facilities. The room was a good size and cleaned to a good standard. Some USB charging points in the room would be good. The restaurant appears to have been recently referred and very welcoming. I thought the breakfast service itself was a bit disorganised, coffee was slow to arrive and the tables were dirty despite arriving at the start of service. Still one of the best hotels in the area, especially for business and has been for sometime.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for a room at the furthest end of the building away from the function rooms
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
HI-LeedsBrighouse, Guest Services Coordinator at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Barrington 81
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay and for your feedback. We appreciate you bringing the issues at breakfast to our attention and I will ensure our restaurant manager is made aware so that we can carry out retraining where required. We hope to welcome you back again to the hotel in the future

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Holiday Inn (Leeds/Brighouse), is an excellent Hotel. It has recently had the reception, bar and dining area refurbished to a very high standard. The new layout is fantastic and provides a great open bar space for guests with a dining area which is situated out of sight providing a fantastic ambience to the dining experience.

The location and grounds of the Hotel are wonderful. Easy access to the M62 for getting in to Manchester or Leeds quickly however, it has a feel of being in the countryside.

The staff at the Hotel are highly professional however, they provide a relaxing and welcoming experience which gives it a great family feel throughout. Our welcoming team of James and Louise were exceptional and straight away we knew we had chosen the right place for our stay after meeting them.

The food was a great quality and reasonably priced and the breakfast experience was again made welcoming and helpful by Robyn who looked after our needs without fault. There was the opportunity to order specific breakfast requirements and it was cooked in front of you while you waited. The chef was very helpful and provided to our requirements with a smile and care.

The facilities at the Hotel are excellent with a swimming pool, gym sauna and steam room, all of which we used and thoroughly enjoyed and again the staff in the recreation area were very friendly and helped you to enjoy the experience.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and we would definitely come back again.

Room Tip: Always try to get a room which overlooks the fields at the side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
HI-LeedsBrighouse, Guest Services Coordinator at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear RueB68

Thank you for such a lovely review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the team looked after you. We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel has a beautiful feel to it, from the moment you cross the welcoming threshold you are warmly greeted by a service team ( James, Louise, Saffron to name a few) who make you feel very extremely welcome and relaxed from the get go. Room service, cleaning staff are fantastic and friendly, they go out of their way to make sure you have everything you could possibly need. The dining experience is also fabulous, the room is beautiful and has a lovely ambiance with superb service staff (Robyn) couldn’t get all the other names but the attention to detail on the self service breakfast was meticulous with an obvious love of presenting the food by the fantastic chefs.
The gym and pool are incredibly welcoming and the staff again are incredible and very warm and welcoming. All I can say is, the staff all deserve recognition as they all seem highly dedicated to making sure your stay is a good one. Well done everyone.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear mrlboorman
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that the staff looked after you throughout your time with us and that you felt very welcome. The team work very hard to provide this experience for all our guests and it is great to hear how their attention to detail helped make your stay a good one. I will be sure to share your comments with the whole team and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Checked into the holiday inn whilst house refurbishment due to a disaster in our own home stayed for 7 weeks whilst repairs being done

Was billed for adult portions instead of child meals just another money maker when i questioned the barstaff they sid it was an error but happened on more than one occassion.

House keeping were terrible never hoovered or even took the hint when i asked to borrow the hoover had to ask for beds to be made and they seemed very un proffessional and lazy one day i asked for my childs bed to be changed as he had an accident and i took bedding and mattress protector to dry cleanners had them washed proffessionally apologised to hotel reception for my little lads accident and explained i had them cleaned to be later billed for a dry cleanning bill just glad i kept my reciept.

Room service things were often ordered and then forgotten. No facilities for kids there is a swimming pool facility but often unable to accommodate children due to swimming lessons or adult swim.

As you may know children often leave finger marks on stuff especially young children im constantly wiping up after them myself at home the holiday inn manager kate tried to bill me for a wall being repainted so if your children are being children dont stay here.

Finally i spent over 4 grand staying here with four children manager kate tried to bill me a further 200 pound to have a wall repainted picture of wall below and personally i cant see anything wrong with it and told them to take me to court

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Simon M, Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thank you for your comments, if you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly

Regards

Simon Markham

Reviewed 5 June 2018

We were here on Springbank Sunday for our friends wedding.
the weather made it perfect and we had the ceremony outside in the courtyard. the service and the food for the wedding breakfast was great.

We checked in after this and went to our room. we had a balcony room that over looks the car park. its a large room that is nicely decorated and had everything you needed.

we sat out on the balcony with a few friends and had some drinks that we bought with us. That's when I noticed on the balcony there is a gutter and no word of a lie, there must have been over 100 cig buts.. I rang down to reception as I thought it looked unsightly.. within minutes a young guy came and cleaned them away... it was great at the speed they resolved this issue, but they should have never been there in the first place. It was a very big oversight..

Other than that the hotel was perfect. last review I did I complained about the drink prices, where as now the hotel has been done up to a high standard , the decor is fabulous , I actually think the drink prices have gone down.

I wasn't overly bothered for the breakfast as when we got down for 10am most trays were empty and we had to wait for them to be refilled by the one and only guy working behind this counter, maybe they should have more hands on deck, and I thought the bacon was a bit dry and I wasn't keen on the sausage. i didn't think it was worth the £10 extra each we paid, also please note if you decide that morning you want to eat it is £14.
I would suggest eating something from the bar area instead as the menu looked nice.
The room then turns in to the restaurant later looks amazing though

I would like to say a thank you to Nicola(I think that's her name ) who is training on reception, as the couple of times we spoke to her, she was lovely and helpful.

I was very happy overall for the price that we paid so I'm giving it a 4/5 but I also think if we didn't get the discount I would be marking it less. they need to get the gardener to tidy around the car park area as again more cig buts and bottle tops etc.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
HI-LeedsBrighouse, Guest Services Coordinator at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear KiaHolmfirth

Thank you very much for your review. We greatly appreciate the positive and negative feedback which will be taken on board and I will notify the Head Chef and Housekeeping manager so that they can carry out retraining where required in order to improve on these areas moving forward. We hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again very soon