“Disgusting”

Price range: US$1 - US$9
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Armytage Arms, where good food and drink,great value and a generous serving of sizzle are always on the menu. Whether you are looking for a fun family meal out, or somewhere for a few great value drinks with some mates,you will find something to suit you at The Armytage, all with prices that are as easy going as the atmosphere.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

One of the worse meals I have had for a long while. The some of the staff are very rude and under trained. My burger was burnt and no one came to the table to ask of the meals was ok. Kids meal was dry like it had been under the lamp for a while. Ordered pudding and had to wait 35 mins for a kids ice cream and a fudge cake. There was a 25 to 30mins wait on food at the time.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Myself and my family went for breakfast. After waiting over half an hour for our food. The sausages were cold, burnt and over cooked. The eggs were over done and cold. The bacon was mainly fat and the only bits of meat were burnt anyway. The toast was cold and stale.

As soon as our food arrived I asked for more toast and butter for the table- as I’d ordered unlimited. This never arrived. Not once throughout the meal did anyone come and ask how it was either!

Once we had finished and someone came to clear the table, we expressed our disappointment to which we never received an apology- only a ‘okay I’ll pass it on’

Would not recommend at all. Very very disappointing.

Such a shame as it was lovely before the change of ownership!

General Manager A, Manager at Armytage Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Angela N, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. We would like to work towards a resolution, so if you are willing, please reach out to us at 01484 712882 to discuss this further.

From The Armytage Arms

Reviewed 9 June 2018

new staff welcomed and they provide a (severely lacking) polite and courteous service. Our last 2 meals( within a 6 day interval) were definitely much improved and very well presented (chips rather cold however). Please continue to train good staff and provide excellent customer service which will be well appreciated. The Armytage arms has certainly got our loyal custom back.Happy and well organised staff make for satisfied and appreciative customers which will ensure that this vibrant and busy pub/restaurant is now 'getting it right'.!

General Manager A, Manager at Armytage Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day! If you ever need anything else from us, please feel free to give us a call or stop by. Have an awesome day!

Kind regards

Armytage Management

Reviewed 8 June 2018

disgusting piece of steak i wouldnt give my dog it, it was so tough fat and grissle they was more fat than meat took a long time for meal to come, my sons steak was too tough ii had a taste and i chewed it and chewed it would not break up. will not be going there again

1  Thank steve68542018

Steve68542018, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. Our manager would really like to speak with you more regarding this matter. Please reach out to us at 01484 712882. We look forward to hearing from you.

The Armytage Arms

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

This pub is very hit and miss for food. They never seem to get all your courses right. The potato skins starter was delicious, ordered a BBQ chicken burger for main upgrading to curly fries, what a waste of money!! Burger ok, fries so overcooked they were stuck together and very hard, totally inedible hence I didn't eat any.
I would have asked for replacement chips had any of the staff been to ask if our meal was ok. Upon leaving I spoke to a staff member who quite frankly didn't seem bothered and said you should have sent it back, I explained nobody had been back to our table and i had looked around for somebody but couldn't find anyone, she seemed put out saying theres only 2 of us. Not a good experience today. I keep coming back and nothing seems to change. Maybe I need to find a new eatery.

Nikki F, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. Thanks again for taking the time to leave us this information about your recent visit. Take care

The Armytage Armys