“Cannot be beaten!”

The Golden Hind
Ranked #19 of 75 Restaurants in Brighouse
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Fish'n'chips par excellence! Haddock fresh as can be, batter light and crisp. Chips perfect and no taste nor smell of oil! You can even get a glass of wine! What more could you want?!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Been here many times, and the food is wonderful every time. The fish and chips are tasty and I love the light and crispy batter on the fish. I usually go for the mid week lunchtime special. £6.50 for two courses and tea or coffee! I usually take my grandad who has a pensioners special 3 courses, bread&butter and tea or coffee for £6.50. Excellent value, excellent food and the staff are always very welcoming. Homemade desserts and cakes too. This place is a little gem.

1  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed 23 December 2013

By far the best fish I've ever had!!!

Visited for lunch with my wife and baby. Great fish and chips, in a nice restaurant.

1  Thank matt_olivero
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I've been coming here for years and generally happy. On my last visit however, something has changed with the fish and it is absolutely brilliant! What ever has changed.. please keep it up! Cheers!

1  Thank AnGus88
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We had reason to be in Brighouse and fancied fish and chips for lunch. I'd never heard of The Golden Hind and saw a small number of encouraging reviews on TA.

Got here and parked right outside, so far so good. Then a small sign in the restaurant entrance, "no debit or credit cards taken"! This meant a short trot over to Barclays cashpoint across the canal bridge and eating into my one hour pay and display charge of 50p.

No further problems were encountered and we were fed and watered within 60 minutes.

Despite a few other diners having a meal the one waitress serving on managed to keep things ticking over smoothly. We had a regular Haddock and Chips and a Special Cod and Chips. Served up with tea, bread and butter this came to just £16 in total.

The special cod was as good a fish & chip meal as I've had anywhere. Quality was excellent and suffice to say quantity was easily enough to satisfy the biggest appetite.

Great food and I wish I'd known before about this place. The one downside was another customer who had whistling teeth that made him talk just like Herbert, a character from TV 's Family Guy. Can't blame the restaurant for that though..

1  Thank 1961GaryC