“Excellent food, great value”

Thaal Indian Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 73 Restaurants in Brighouse
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Now I have a confession before I start my review!!! We went here having bought a groupon voucher for our meal so my review is based a little on the 'value' we got from that but if you look at the prices it's no more expensive than any other good quality Indian restaurant so I'll stand by my comment.

Lovely, immaculate restaurant with a wide range of dishes all beautifully prepared.

As I said, we had a deal through groupon so had starters, mains and desserts so were really well looked after and there was far too much food but all of it delicious and some of it things I would not normally have chosen but would do next time so I'm quite glad it gave me the chance to eat different things

Highly recommend Thaal to anyone who likes their Indian food. You should definately give this a try

There are newer reviews for Thaal Indian Restaurant

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Came here whilst visiting relatives who are regulars to this restaurant. Unusual and attractive layout - quite a large restaurant (former pub) but you can feel fairly secluded. Waiters and the manager are all friendly and very attentive. Very good menu with plenty of choice and some quite unusual dishes. My partner is a vegetarian and was well catered for by the menu but if that wasn't enough the manager pointed out that any dish could be made as a veggie version. Portions are good and food is served very hot. The rotis are particularly good if you're into breads,good quality and tender meat in the curries and the beer is cold so little to complain about. Prices are ok, maybe a little high but they do a lot of deals and vouchers for regulars. Mens toilets looked okay but stank otherwise an attractive place to eat. A bit different to the avearge curry house and I would certainly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

It's a shame this place looks so plain outside, as they did a really good job of renovating what was the Martin's Nest pub. Dark wood, red, brown and sparling furnishings - it's very nice inside and the staff tend to seat you near but not too close to other diners. Food wise, being honest the starters are always consistantly nice but as wiht a few other places the curries differ each time, even when we order the same ones. That said, the meat/chicken is never gristly or over cooked, there's always bags of flavour in what we have and i'm a sucker for after eight mints after a spicy meal! Grab yourself a loyalty card and the vouchers they often do and it brings the slightly higher prices back to being good value. The takeaway carrier boxes are great for ensuring you don't make a mess of the car when taking the food out and they're happy to swap the free beer (for returming the box) to popadoms for us as we don't drink.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Very very average, nice decor and worth a visit but with akbars, 3 singhs and many more far more superior Indian restaurant just a few more miles away you might be disappointed you didn't go those few extra miles.
I had mixed starter (2 pieces of chicken tikka, 1 kebab and 1 onion bhaji the size of a tennis ball)
Lamb adraki pilau rice and nan all very run of the mile. Nowhere near a 5* rating which I think some people dish out far too easy on here but each to his own.

1  Thank Atki70
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We had an absolutely fabulous meal here last night, the starters were scrumptious, the main courses were gorgeous. There were many different curries to choose from, we had the Chilli Chicken curry which was so tasty and rich. We also had Beef Madras, I haven't had a Beef curry for years and it was so good, tender chunks of gorgeous Beef in a really tasty curry sauce. The resteraunt is one of the nicest looking resteraunts I've been in, it's a little dearer, but the whole experience is 5 Stars. This curry house is the Best of the Best Indian resteraunts I've been in, it is better than Sammys in Heckmondwike and the Alnawab in Mirfield, it was brilliant.