“Great food”

Thaal Indian Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 73 Restaurants in Brighouse
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Been to this restaurant for 2nd time and the food is second to none
The onion bhaijis are huge balls but are not heavy or doughy - a definite must try !!!!
My main course of chicken dhaal with pineapple was delicious

A very nice meal
Restaurant is very nice and the tables are spread apart from each other so not on top of each other

Definitely will be returning

“Superb meal for two”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We went for my partner's birthday and as usual the meal and service was great.

I had chicken potatoes and cheese starter which was lively and piping hot. Jo had a fish dish again lovely.

Main course was chicken garlic for me and chicken shashlik for Jo. Tasty and fresh.

Great as always and with a few beers and naans a little pricey as said before, but worth it for the decor and service.

See you again soon !

Bradford, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

It was a friend's suggestion that we eat here, otherwise I might never have tried this restaurant. I drive past it almost daily, it just isn't appealing from the outside but first impressions can be wrong! Once inside, I realised my mistake; tasteful decor, a warm welcome, an appealing menu, discrete but attentive service and most importantly, delicious food!! I can recommend the Prawn Puree starter, very tasty and beautifully presented. The chicken in my delicious main dish of Shajani Murgh was tender and moist and not at all oily as it can be in some restaurants. Try the Rotis here, they make a nice change from naan or chapatis. I agree that the portion sizes are not huge but in my opinion, they are perfect; I left the restaurant feeling perfectly satisfied with what I had eaten and is very likely I will return or perhaps try a takeaway sometime. I hope the management here read their reviews, if you want more custom, (and you deserve it), think about the restaurant's kerb appeal!

• Visited July 2014
West Yorkshire, UK
“My new local....”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

First visit and yet I must pass it everday as I only live about 10mins away.
I had chicken chaat and venison curry....divine! My soon had tandoori prawns.
Im Asian myself and prefer homecooked...the food was seasoned just the way I like it.
Service was good, no long waits but not rushed either. Food piping hot when arrived....even the custard on the yummy sponge dessert!
Will def go again....

• Visited June 2014
“Another great meal”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Visited again tonight with my parents and partner.

Food as always was delicious, although on other reviews it mentions the price. Yes it is between £7.95-£9.95 for a curry but you get what you pay for and it's always great quality.

Would choose this Indian over any other! Recommend it all the time, just wish it was a bit busier.

• Visited June 2014