We booked an executive room and stayed here in Feb 2012, as were visiting friends who lived nearby.
To be honest, we werent expecting much, but have to say the Hotel was a delight.
Check in was seamless and friendly and when we went to our room we was initally delighted as it was big and airy. However i soon noticed one of the window catches was almost falling off and this allowed a lot of road noise in. We contacted reception and with a few minutes were given the choice of another two rooms, again one seemed to suffer the window catch problem, but the other was fine. The rooms were very spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was also excellent as it was huge, very clean and featured a "proper" bath and a very powerful shower.
On the following day our breakfast was cooked to order as there didnt seem to be many guests staying, which we were told was due to the weather at the time (snow etc!). The quality of the breakfast was very good with the only minor complaint being that our pot of coffee was a little cold.
Overall, for the cost this is one of the best hotels ive stayed in for a long time, its was very clean, comfortable and unusually these days all the staff were very helpful and cheerful.
One tip though, the car park doesnt charge for sunday parking, and stops charging at 6pm on saturday so if your stopping over for a saturday night, just pay up until 6pm as the rest is free (until monday morning that is !).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Air conditioning & mini bars are available in our executive and deluxe rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LateRooms, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Hotel Brighouse
- The Waterfront Hotel Brighouse, West Yorkshire