“Shocked at the quality of a Luxury Room”

The Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Brighouse
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel on the 5/11/13. I had booked it through Laterooms and with a £10 discount on the room it meant is was a better option than a Premier Inn....I was wrong. I was swung to choose this hotel due to the Jacuzzi Bath in the Luxury Room and frankly I was beyond disappointed. The instructions where above the bath and I followed them to the letter and couldn't get it to work. Only when I got out did I find another sign on the opposite wall above the towel rail informing me that the power switch was outside the room for the bath and towel rail. I then had to hunt for said switch as they didn't tell you were it was. The Room was very cold and I had the only Key in the whole hotel. Their doors work on a key fob system but at my door handle was smashed to pieces they had had to revert to a proper Key. I took me several minute to even get out of my room in the morning. The Sheets and bed looked dirty and the overall quality of the room was not even close to what I would call Luxury. When I mentioned the above issues on checkout I was told the room was already discounted and there was nothing that could be done about it. The only good thing about the place was the restaurant, the food was excellent, the service was a bit lacking though but I have had much worse.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the canal or car park are quieter as the rest of them overlook a main room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
WaterfrontLodgeHotel, Manager at The Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I was sorry to read that you found your room disappointing.

The Jacuzzi bath does require the power switch to be turned on. It is normally switched on by housekeeping. However on the chance that it is turned off, the power switches are labelled and located just outside the bathroom and, you are correct that there is a notice in the bathroom, next to the sink, which informs you where the switches are located.

All our executive rooms have their own heating; which can be controlled by our guests, allowing you to set your preferred room temperature. The heaters are left on a timer but with a flick of a switch can be changed to manual. Instructions for use are also provided within the Guest Information folder.

You are correct that the door system works with key fobs. The fob-style door lock on this particular bedroom was faulty and therefore has been converted to an ‘ordinary’ key while the lock is repaired. The door is still in full working order and I can assure you that it is just as secure as the fob system. As with all our rooms, there is a guest key, master key and housekeeping key.

We urge any guest who finds something they are not completely satisfied with to report it to reception immediately. All our team are happy to help and would try resolve any issue quickly.

It does not matter what rate any guests pay for a room; the room should be ready for our guests and you should be completely satisfied with your room. As mentioned, if reported straight away, most issues can be resolved immediately, ensuring you have an enjoyable stay. Any maintenance issues reported on check-out are logged and dealt with accordingly.

I do hope that you would choose to stay with us again, as you can see from our other reviews, the hotel and our team normally receive very positive feedback. We have a range of rooms and we would be happy for you to view a selection when you are next in the area.

Kind Regards

Fiona Walker
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Have stayed here several times over the last couple of years and never been disappointed. Very reasonable rates, clean comfortable rooms in this former mill building [ but avoid those directly overlooking the air-con unit and try for a canal view] municipal parking outside, and an excellent in-house restaurant, 'Prego', superbly run by Vittorio and his efficient and friendly staff. Great Italian food, whether for small parties or large functions - popular for family birthdays. Very well placed for walking along the canal bank, either up to the basin or as far as you desire in the other direction;oldest continuously used canal in England. A stone's throw from an interesting and busy small town centre. Good local market nearby on Wed and Sat. All staff have always been most helpful and friendly. My only complaint is no real ale on the premises, but there's an excellent choice in town.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Jo and the rest of the Reception Team always make my team welcome here when I have my team meeting up North. Great rooms, cracking location and a great price.

I personally stayed here on my 40th (along with several other friends), everyone thought the food and rooms had been excellent. Well done Jo and the rest of the Waterfront Lodge team. We'll be back soon

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here a few weeks ago and we had a fabulous time.From the warm welcome we received at reception to the friendly check out as we departed ,we had a great experience. We had an executive room which was spacious, super clean and the decor was classy.The spa shower was a different experience! Breakfast was tasty too with eggs, black pudding and hash browns cooked to order and nothing was too much trouble for the excellent staff. If you are fed up of being over charged, under served and bored with big chain hotels and are looking for something a bit special then I recommend the Waterfront Lodge!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013

An excellent comfortable stay at the Waterfront. Rooms are clean and bathrooms large luxurious. I'd especially recommend the breakfast (freshly cooked egg) which is certainly a cut above the other hotels in the area.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed here last weekend and found it faultless. We were meeting up with friends nearby and the location was perfect - central with super places to eat. Prego (the Italian in house restaurant) was outstanding. All the food was freshly cooked and delicious. The hotel stay was wonderful, the 'Executive Room' had an amazing power shower,classy toiletries and a comfortable bed. Breakfast was fantastic ( we've stayed in 5 star hotels and this certainly matched them) and cooked to order. Eggs cooked to perfection and warm pastries with great coffee made a great start to the day! Absolutely perfect stay at a great price. Staff were polite,welcoming and helpful too!

Room Tip: Executive Rooms are beautiful
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed at the hotel on a weekend away from London and thought it to be excellent value-well positioned near the centre -spacious rooms which were spotless-The staff were very helpful through out our stay
Well done all

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank simonwaller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighouse
Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse
Best Western Pennine Manor Hotel
Days Inn Bradford M62
Days Inn Bradford M62
#1 of 1 in Hartshead Moor

Been to The Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!