“Basically OK - better if you upgrade” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Waterfront Hotel

The Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Brighouse
Cumbria, United Kingdom
“Basically OK - better if you upgrade”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We chose the Waterfront because of its central location. It is OK, but not great. Good and helpful welcome from staff. Our standard room was barely adequate - just about room for two plus luggage. Bathroom also incredibly small. If I was a 'large' person I simply don't know how I could have used the toilet! The room had all the necessary bits and pieces - so that is good. Furniture a bit tired but OK. Free wifi worked well - a necessary big plus these days. Breakfast in adjacent restaurant good.
We have stayed previously and booked an Executive room and this was much better - even up to five stars.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stopped (as many seemed to) for a meeting in Brighouse the following day. Stopped in a Executive room and it was truly lovely. One of the best nights sleep I've had in a hotel for weeks.

The bed is very soft which suited me fine, but might put others off, the shower was powerful and the bathroom huge compared to many. The addition of wine glasses, a minibar and plenty of tea/coffee made the room stand out from so many others.

Ordered room service, and was not charged! The food from Preggo was wonderful and I would suggest you check it out.

Will be returning.

Culcheth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

The room was tiny but clean. The bathroom was also clean but very tatty, the shower is minuscule. The whole place needs a makeover. Breakfast was ok but the waitress clearly learned her skills at the Chairman Mao school of charm. But hey it was only £25 a head bed and breakfast.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
WaterfrontLodgeHotel, Manager at The Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. We do agree that some of our rooms are starting to look a little tired. Throughout 2014 we will be undertaking an extensive refurbishment programme of our standard rooms, the first of which was completed last week with new modern wet room style bathroom.
We do however take exception to your comment regarding our breakfast supervisor which we do find offensive. All our staff are fully trained to our usual high standards and we pride ourselves on the lovely comments we receive regarding the friendliness and helpful attitude of our team. If you experienced a service standard that fell below this level then we apologise for this & we would be happy to discuss this with you in a constructive manner.
We hope you will stay with us again in the future, perhaps in one of our newly refurbished rooms or one of our executive or deluxe rooms.

Kind regards
Joanna Campbell
Reception Manager
Stroud, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Brighouse was never on my list of places to visit, but work dictated it necessary and Waterfront Lodge was the venue. Easily accessible by train (from Leeds or Manchester) the hotel is about a three-minute walk from the station. There is also parking outside the hotel, but requires payment between 8am and 6pm.

My room on the second floor was small with not much space to move around, but as I was staying alone and had no luggage it wasn’t a problem. The bathroom was a little uninspired and the shower door appeared to be missing and replaced with a shower curtain.

The bed had the softest mattress I have ever come across in a hotel and it wasn’t great, I can’t believe anybody likes such a soft mattress.

The bar downstairs was decent and although I didn’t use the restaurant it looked good.

If you’re travelling as a couple, or you don’t like soft mattresses, you may want to consider other options in the area, although the Waterfront Lodge is the only hotel in the centre of Brighouse.

1 Thank MrHandBaggageOnly
north yorkshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I booked this hotel purely for it’s close location to an early meeting I had the following morning. The hotel is situated close to Brighouse town centre, car park is at the rear of the hotel (follow Bethel street) and is a pay and display car park (60p per hour upto 6pm and after 8am). Beware parking attendants are very aggressive with this enforcement so don’t leave to chance, the receptionist will tell you the same. I was welcomed with a smile at reception and told everything I needed to know, my room was on the first floor and I booked a single room just for price & convenience. The single room I got was adequate for the money paid, all frills and comfortable bed, floor creaked like a teenage couple's bed but that would have bothered the person below rather than me and the room was hotter than ghandi's flip-flop, I could not open the window.
The hotel is adjoining with “Prego” restaurant, ate here two courses for £12.95 which was an ok deal, mains off the menu looked expensive for what they were.
I did not get a chance to sample breakfast as I had an early start the following morning. If you are a late riser in the morning I assume you will need to feed the parking meter again at 8am however 60p an hour isn’t going to break the bank, I’ve paid £12 per hour down south!
All in all a good stay for the price paid, but wouldn't have paid more than £50 a night.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

The room was very small and basic and needed to be updated old dated shower curtain the sink a big crack across .
The bed was comfy and good quality bedding .
Instead of glass they had plastic ones I've never seen this before
We paid £45 got the room it should have been £65 I would have been gutted if I had paid that .
Not a bad hotel but a great reastraunt

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Gateshead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

What a beautiful hotel. Friendly reception on arrival, room was fantastic, spotless, spacious (lucky enough to be in a Deluxe Room) Jacuzzi bath was wonderful, bed was so comfortable. The little touches like plenty tea and coffee, decent size Kettle, wine glasses and bottle opener. Food was amazing, the restaurant is lovely, staff very friendly, helpful and polite. Great selection for breakfast. Thoroughly enjoyable stay - highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 732Anna
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighouse
Premier Inn Huddersfield North Hotel
#12 of 17 in Huddersfield
BEST WESTERN Pennine Manor Hotel
BEST WESTERN Pennine Manor Hotel
#10 of 17 in Huddersfield

Been to The Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!