“Bar Excellance!”

Jeremy's at the Boat House
Ranked #14 of 73 Restaurants in Brighouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Wine and cocktail bar with great beer,live music, kitchen and excellent atmosphere.
Liversedge, United Kingdom
“Bar Excellance!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

In an undiscovered backwater of Brighouse what an unexpected delight to be told of this relatively new Restaraunt/Bar. Easily accessible from the Town centre, beside the Canal Basin this spot has already gained a fine reputation.
Our midweek visit for an early meal found it quiet, although I am advised that Bookings are recommended. A varied Menu from Tapas to Steaks with prices from £5.95 for bar Snacks to £14.95 for Steak, along with an extensive Wine list. Early Eater Menus are available. The food itself is simply terrific. Well worth a visit at anytime.

• Visited July 2014
Stuart819, General Manager at Jeremy's at the Boat House, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words, Always great to hear such positive reviews.
Bookings are advised for weekends as we do get fully booked pretty quickly, but its always worth booking a table for the music we have on.If you prefer a more upbeat atmosphere then Friday and Saturday is a must visit for yourselves.
See you soon,
GM

halifax
“Nice experience”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Took my mum one lunch time and ordered tapas. The service and food was very good and was much better than expected. We will return

Stuart819, General Manager at Jeremy's at the Boat House, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Thank you for your lovely review of our bar, I am glad we managed to beat expectation on this visit and we hope to see you again soon so we can continue to provide you with excellence.
General Bar Manager
Brighouse, England, United Kingdom
“Jeremy's”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The setting is lovely and the atmosphere good. Great place to eat and start and evening or for a meal after work as a quick wind down.
Love the Burger and chunky Chips!!!!!

Visited July 2014
Thank you for your kind review of Jeremys. We love to hear such good feedback. Have your tried our sweet potato fries with the burger? Just as chunky and just as delicious. See you again soon,
General Bar Manager
Brighouse, United Kingdom
“Very unfortunate experience”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Can I firstly say that we never write reviews but our experience was so diabolically bad we feel we just have to on this occasion to save others from the same. We were so embarrassed as we took our friends there hoping a nice meal and the enjoyment of the big band would make a good evening. The venue and music was great but the food and even the drinks were awful. We ordered the tapas options each at £4 and this is what we got :3 overcooked calamari rings - £4!, 3 tiny stuffed peppers - £4!, chicken wings a slightly better value as you got about 6 of them but they were tasteless. The meatballs were like rubbery tasteless balls. We also got nachos that came cold, greasy and over cooked. We sent them back and they came back exactly the same except this time they were hot, greasy and over cooked. The best part of the food were the 4 portions of fries that we added to the order when we saw how little we got. The teenagers order chocolate fudge brownies that were burnt and hard. A couple of us played it safe and ordered coffees, you can't mess up coffees right? Wrong! The latte was cold, and one of the Iriish coffees just tasted awful, like they had managed to burn the coffee. We didn't drink the bottle of red house wine as it was undrinkable and at this stage were too embarrassed to make another complaint or send something else back. We actually felt bad as it must have looked like we were one of "those" tables that would complain about anything, but seriously we aren't like that and it really was awful. To add insult to injury we were then over charged too. The saddest part is I've only mentioned the worst things, there was more but I just daren't. I do hope they manage to get it right as the venue itself is fab.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Donna M
Stuart819, General Manager at Jeremy's at the Boat House, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for your review on Jeremy's. All feedback is taken on board and discussed fully. However I am a little bit perplexed that the evening was so bad and yet myself, the manager, wasn't asked for so I could deal with you personally and come to some settlement?
The tapas we feel is priced extremely well, the size of the dish is based on traditional Spanish style tapas, finger food designed to be small nibbles. I am sorry you felt the size wasn't acceptable and even more sorry that you felt the food was tasteless. I have tried them on multiple occasions and found them to be full of flavour, however I will obviously pass on the feedback and will check the standards. Also the nacho comment is a bit odd because it was myself who replaced the nachos and it was only mentioned about being burnt, not greasy or cold, and I personally checked with the lady who sent them back and she said they were fine the second time?
I am a bit puzzled by the comments on our wine as we source it from a very reputable exclusive wine merchant and the Shiraz is one of our biggest and most popular sellers, and from the feedback I have from the staff the wine was in fact finished by somebody on the table. I hope the only reason you didn't like the wine was simply a dislike of that style of shiraz? If so I would urge you to try the rest of our wine selection as we have a very wide range and something for everyone. I have investigated the comments on the coffee about it being cold and burnt tasting and I will chat to the staff involved to make sure they are confident with what they are doing so as the best coffee possible is served.
All I can say is we strive to meet expectations and I apologise fully if we did not meet the standards you expected, but I can assure you I work tirelessly around the clock to take all feedback in and would really appreciate a phone call or an email (or a personal visit if you fancy dropping by for a chat) to discuss any other issues you have as all feedback is important to me.
pitcher305@hotmail.com
Halifax, United Kingdom
“well we enjoyed it!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Went for lunch with 2 friends on Saturday 24th and couldn't fault any of it for the food & price, we had bread & olives to go with a bottle of wine to start, 2 ploughman's platters to share, 1 fries,1 wedges, 4 deserts, 4 coffees, 1 whisky & 2 pints of beer only cost us £94, so no complaint there! also what a fabulous place in a great setting, we'll certainly be back.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jen N
Stuart819, General Manager at Jeremy's at the Boat House, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for the excellent review of Jeremy's. The staff are pleased to hear you enjoyed the food, we are developing the menu with more sharers so please bring your friends back to enjoy even better food.