“Great service, great food, great value.”
Review of Brook's

Brook's
Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Brighouse
Price range: US$4 - US$9
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We recently had a reception lunch for our wedding at Brooks. The food, service and welcome were fantastic. All of our guests commented on the warm and professional service and great quality of all of the food. Nothing was too much trouble. They were all extremely kind and considerate to all of our guests no matter what the request. Darrell and Petra were fantastic in accommodating our requirements in the run up and on the actual wedding day. The young staff waiting on the tables were very friendly and relaxed but highly efficient and professional in dealing with everybody, especially the children. A big thank you from us and all of our guests.

1  Thank CarlU1704

Reviewed 1 May 2014

My wife and I went to Brook's for a specialist Chateaubriand evening meal last night. Everything was perfect from the attention of the owner and his staff. The meat, cooked blue, was perfect. Accompanied with a bottle of Chateau Musar. The French Onion soup was a perfect started. We enjoyed everything so much we book a table for another visit.

1  Thank David S
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I visited the restaurant last month with my boyfriend, as soon as we arrived we were given a warm welcome and sorted out quickly with drinks whilst in the bar we were given menus and Darrel kindly talked about the wine list so we could find the perfect wine to go with our fillet steak. The waitress was absolutely lovely and very polite. I had the filo money bags which were delicious and the fillet steak again yummy! We decided not to have coffee upstairs as we were the only people in the restaurant after we'd finished dessert and want to staff the be able to go home :) highly recommend. Harriet

2  Thank Harrietk94
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We went to Brook's for my birthday in March, we had a great meal, thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was excellent, the owner and staff were all attentive. I finished with blackcurrant and liquorice ice cream, delicious! A friend recommended Brook's to us and glad she did, we're going back at the end of April to take a friend for her birthday treat. We would highly recommend it.

1  Thank Janet M
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We came with two friends and we have all been before - Having not been for a year or two we asked for vouchers as a Christmas present as we wanted to return. Our table under the stairs was not in a great position which meant our waitress had to lean over and pass my wife her food. Also in the past they have always delivered the food to the person who ordered it - not tonight as we were asked who was having what starter. Menu as always was attractive and we made our choices. Three of us had the rack of Lamb - mine was superb but my wife and Susan's was a little tough which I did mention to the waitress but she never came back. Cheese - in the past you chose what cheese but today was a given a fixed selection but as it was I really enjoyed. We took coffee upstairs and I spoke to the Owner Darrell re the Lamb - he took immediate action and removed one from the bill and as a customer that all you can ask but I should not have to raise it twice for action to be taken. The bill for four with tip came to £190 - not an inexpensive night out. This was a night out to celebrate my birthday and left feeling a little flat - no major issues but just not great which was a shame as we first came here when we got engaged many moons ago. We will not return which is a disappointment.

Darrell B, Owner at Brook's, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

I don’t understand this. We spoke whilst you were having coffee. Your only complaint was that although your lamb was superb, their lamb was tasty but a little tough. There was no mention of anything else. I apologised and along with the ladies you confirmed to me you were happy with the discount and how I settled your complaint.
Darrell Brook