“fantastic”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gomersal
northeast of england
“fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Booked this through secret escapes as a special treat for our 40 year married and had an absolutely fabulous time the hotel is easy to locate plenty parking the staff are so helpful the swimming pool is clean and a lovely temperature.bedroom we had was 218 and it was superb it was so lovely to be able to sit on a comfortable sofa overlooking the grounds the bed was really comfortable with soft pillows and bright white towels in the bathroom we ate in massimos and I cannot recommend it enough fantastic food and more than helpful staff waiting on tables dont think about it BOOK IT

Room Tip: 218 fabulous
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Gavin_Jack, General Manager at Gomersal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
What an honour it is for us to have been part of your 40th Wedding Anniversary Celebrations, I am so glad that you had a very memorable stay and thank you so much for your fantastic review.

218 is one of our amazing executive rooms that overlook the front of the hotel, truely stunning, i am so glad you felt the same.

I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Gavin Jack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I recently started stayed here for business and will probably continue to do so in the future as the hotel is positioned really well for access to M62. The staff are generally helpful and friendly (not all of them) the rooms are good, some are part refurb so some standard patching up in the bathrooms and not the best showers / finish, but others are completely new which are really nice and spacious.
I do tend to stay in hotels for 2 or 3 nights in a row so generally have a bit of baggage with me and use the room to sit and work on an evening often with room service. Having mentioned this to the staff on a couple of occasions and suggested that as I stay most weeks now a room with a little more space (as they have given me in the past, so it’s not an upgrade thing) would be great and a room where I wasn’t walking for what seems like hours with said baggage, around the maze of corridors looking for it would also be good.
Sadly every time I check in I get a different room, some are tiny and I mean tiny, with just enough space to walk around the bed let alone enjoy dinner or comfort to sit and work and when I eventually arrive I feel like I should have taken a taxi from reception. I get the strategy of a different room, I don’t believe that the hotel fills every night so I guess they move you around to get every room used but I'm there every week at the moment so it’s frustrating that as a "regular" they don’t listen, or to be honest even bother to remember my name, let alone send cutlery with room service, or, make me go to my room to order room service with the person that has just checked me in, even though I said no to a table in the restaurant and "I’ll just order room service!!!" that has happened more than once too.
Food is good but inconstant, ordering the same dish two nights in a row can see almost two completely different dishes served!, both however are good, head chef's is best though !
However; my grumblings aside, all in all its fine for an overnight, just be prepared for a catalogue of "frustrating school boy hospitality errors" if you stay on a regular basis.
Oh and the TV receptions are awful

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
This review has been dealt with directly with the customer.
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Wow !!! we were treated like royalty :)
Staff were lovely anything we wanted they helped us!
Highly recommended and will looking too book again soon!
We would like too say thank you very much too Stacey who looked after
And made sure we had a very nice stay ! Xx
Food was beautiful I'm not a big eater but I ate loads ...
Rooms were lovely very clean and the suite was stunning me and my partner had a wonderful relaxing time thanks too everyone involved !!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Amazing review thank you so much! i will make sure I pass on your very kind comments to my team.

I believe that you have already enquired about staying again so I look forward to seeing you soon.

Southwick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

I found the hotel easily from the M62.
The parking was great with lots of lighting. My room was exceptionally clean and the sofa was a lovely touch- so much nicer than sitting on the bed or a dressing table chair. The facilities were great- hairdryer, tea/coffee facilities, freeview tv. The bed was really comfy although the head board was a bit loose and kept banging whenever you turned over! The shower room was huge and clean. Towels were provided and were lovely and large- nothing better than wrapping yourself in huge towels after a shower. Breakfast was self service but provided everything you could possibly want to eat. Staff were helpful and I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Gavin_Jack, General Manager at Gomersal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments.

We have addressed the issue in regards to the headboards so this will no longer be an issue, apologies for any inconvience this may have caused.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I had stayed in the hotel last year on business, when I was told by my boss I'd be back in Yorkshire, instead of my pulling my face, I was very happy that I'd be staying hear again, what a joy, best night sleep fab food, staff are first class, very friendly, management, lovely walk into oak well hall park. I had the pleasure of staying in N executive room this time 243. Thank you to all staff once again.

• Stayed March 2014
Gavin_Jack, General Manager at Gomersal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Thank you so much for another amazing review!

Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Me and my partner stayed for the night. The staff was all very friendly and helpfull, the rooms have just been done out to perfection very moden, lovely spa very warm water. Romantic meal at evening and breakfast, the portions are very large and food was amazing would go back again you wouldn't be disappointed! Would give 5** a must try hotel!!!! Would recommend to anyone

• Stayed March 2014
Gavin_Jack, General Manager at Gomersal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Fantastic review, thank you so much!

We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.

Lincolnshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed here for two nights to attend a course organised by work. I found the hotel to be excellent, the food in Massimo's was absolutely gorgeous, always served piping hot, prompt service, and very accommodating towards any specific requests. All food was fresh, and beautifully cooked. The hotel itself was very clean and comfortable, the use of the spa is free, and although the décor in there is a little tired, the facilities are very relaxing and convenient. The staff are friendly, welcoming, and i had a very good overall experience, will definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Gavin_Jack, General Manager at Gomersal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
What a lovely review thank you very much.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Gavin Jack
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gomersal
Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
Woodlands Hotel Leeds
Woodlands Hotel Leeds
#1 of 1 in Gildersome
Village Hotel Leeds South

Been to Gomersal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!