“It's Bates Motel meets Fawlty Towers.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gomersal Lodge Hotel

Gomersal Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Gomersal B&B and Inns
uk
“It's Bates Motel meets Fawlty Towers.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

This place is so bad it's almost good! You can go mad or just sit back and laugh, I chose the later. It's set in nice grounds but inside is like a halfway house, somewhere they send you between prison and being let out in the general community. Please please please do not order the breakfast, it really is quite inedible, Im feeling a little queasy just thinking about it. I'm only writing this review as I have no tv to watch here, yes I'm in my cell / room now. I have just spent half an hour looking for a remote then an hour looking for a member of staff, to no avail. Eventually I rang the hotel and was told that "no the tv in my room didn't work". There was no apology or offer of a different tv or room. They were however planning to report it to the manager, sometime in the near future I presume. So that's OK!

• Stayed June 2013
7 Thank UkDefenestrator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

Me and my girlfriend fancied a bit of change and headed out looking for somewhere with nice grounds for a picnic and to walk the dog. This hotel did exactly what it said on the tin. Set in a very quiet town with very nice surrounding and great views.

The Room cost £37 for the night and they even let the dog stay. For that price you don't expect much but what we did get was a very friendly welcome, a clean bed, shower and a TV - its not the Hilton, but if your a little open minded and not too fussy, you'll enjoy the stay!

We went looking for somewhere to enjoy the outdoors and we had a roof over our head for the night. For less than £40 I think it did exactly what we wanted!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Manchester_Macka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

I was visiting my friend over in heckmondwike and gomersal seemed to be suitably close.

The grounds were lovely and my room overlooked cleckheaton, the room was lovely and clean and showed the historic character the house provided.

The staff were friendly and catered to my every needs and I would be happy to come back to gomersal in the near future.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Holidaymadnes2013
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently.
Never never again.
Horrible hotel horrible staff and service.
The room was disgusting the bathroom was also so horrible i could not shower in.
Please please please avoid.
This hotel should be closed down.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank blonde1911

Travellers are raving about these Gomersal hotels

Hyde, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

Very dated, dangerous pot holes all along the long driveway to the entrance, no adequate parking facilities, bathroom so tiny you had to climb onto the toilet to close the door behind you. Would not shower as it was so antiquated that I was afraid I may break something. Stay here for a dare if you must but make sure the management pay YOU for being so brave!

Room Tip: There IS no good room!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ShazNaz1
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

Me and my boyfriend booked to go to this hotel on sat night, it looked very nice on the pictures. Well that was a different story when we got there. We arrived to not knowing we had a double room booked online. We were told to sit in this bar while they " got the room ready" we was sat for about half an hour waiting for our room. The owner of the hotel took up to our room. The "double room was like a cupboard " I wouldn't even put a dog in the room. It smelled and was really dirty the dirty horrible bathroom had a hole in the floor, and it looked like it was stuck in the 1950"s the bed was in a coner and it was horrible with stains on the sheet .We dint even have a key for the room as he said somebody knicked it and when we wanted to get out of the room we had to ring downstairs. It was that bad we left. He wouldn't give us our money back and we had to argu until he did. This hotel is horrible and I wouldn't even send my worst Enmy to sleep in that room. it was like a night mare.

• Stayed April 2013
7 Thank Gema1994
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

We booked the Double room on the morning (due to poor planning on my end), but there were four double rooms available at £44 each, we looked at the photos and thought it looked like an amazing place, we made it to the Lodge at about 10:30, we noticed that there were quite a few pot holes up the drive and the car park was abit shadey, but we proceeded anyway, we walked in to meet some guy who wasn't even expecting us, he didn't even know we booked a room. He stated that we had to pay by cash instead of cars (even more shadey!) , He then made us wait for 30 minutes while he sorted out the mess he started, after telling us that our room was ready he took us upstairs without helping us with our bags and took us down a horrible looking hallway that smelt disgusting, and opened a door for us which looked like a Fire Exit, he took us into a room which looked like the size of a cupboard, there was a horrible looking double bed squeezed into a corner with stained sheets and cushions, the bathroom floor was riddled with holes and didn't safe at all and I believe the shower and TV didn't work. We decided that we were not staying in this hell hole so we asked for a refund but the guy in charge wouldn't allow it so he wanted to put us into his kids bedroom instead which was just as bad as ours! We still refused and complained for the next hour until we received our money back. I always recommend using Trip Advisor before going to shadey places like this, we didn't and it ruined our night :( we went home dissapointed and upset. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Bradley G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gomersal
Gomersal Park Hotel
Healds Hall Hotel
Healds Hall Hotel
#1 of 2 in Liversedge
Premier Inn Leeds South (Birstall) Hotel

Been to Gomersal Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!