“Christening Day - Fantastic”

Gomersal Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Gomersal B&B and Inns
Leeds
“Christening Day - Fantastic”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We celebrated our daughter's christening here on 30/06/13 and had a fabulous day! We chose the venue as it had everything we wanted and more, the marque was ideal for the special day. After speaking to both Antony & Jane we were made to feel at ease with all that came with hosting a celebration here. We opted for hot beef & pork sandwiches, salad & potatoes - this was all gorgeous and delish food and we never ran out.We also had a separate children's food table which was equally as good, the hotel let us amend & change the menu to suit our needs. All the decorating of the marque was done by the helpful staff so we didn't have anything to worry & panic about. When all our guests arrived they were made to feel at ease and anything we needed the staff made sure this got sorted immediately. The marque looked fabulous, the bar was well stocked and the food was out of this world! .
All the staff bent over backwards for us and our guests and nothing seemed to be a problem to them at all. The marque and the grounds are fantastic and an ideal location for any celebration. After the previous reviews on here we were a little doubtful however after yesterday we will be returning for meals & afternoon tea at Gomersal Lodge very soon
All our guests enjoyed the day and cannot believe how fantastic the staff were. We had an excellent day and would not think twice about returning to host another occasion here.
We are so grateful for all that was done to make our day so special! This hotel will get better day by day but in the mean time they just need to carry on how they are as they will go far! Staff are brilliant and I have no doubt anyone that chooses this venue will have a brilliant day here.
I can honestly say Antony, Jane & Amy will make Gomersal Lodge a huge success! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank LeedsLubyLou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
uk
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This place is so bad it's almost good! You can go mad or just sit back and laugh, I chose the later. It's set in nice grounds but inside is like a halfway house, somewhere they send you between prison and being let out in the general community. Please please please do not order the breakfast, it really is quite inedible, Im feeling a little queasy just thinking about it. I'm only writing this review as I have no tv to watch here, yes I'm in my cell / room now. I have just spent half an hour looking for a remote then an hour looking for a member of staff, to no avail. Eventually I rang the hotel and was told that "no the tv in my room didn't work". There was no apology or offer of a different tv or room. They were however planning to report it to the manager, sometime in the near future I presume. So that's OK!

• Stayed June 2013
7 Thank UkDefenestrator

Travellers are raving about these Gomersal hotels

Manchester
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Me and my girlfriend fancied a bit of change and headed out looking for somewhere with nice grounds for a picnic and to walk the dog. This hotel did exactly what it said on the tin. Set in a very quiet town with very nice surrounding and great views.

The Room cost £37 for the night and they even let the dog stay. For that price you don't expect much but what we did get was a very friendly welcome, a clean bed, shower and a TV - its not the Hilton, but if your a little open minded and not too fussy, you'll enjoy the stay!

We went looking for somewhere to enjoy the outdoors and we had a roof over our head for the night. For less than £40 I think it did exactly what we wanted!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Manchester_Macka
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I was visiting my friend over in heckmondwike and gomersal seemed to be suitably close.

The grounds were lovely and my room overlooked cleckheaton, the room was lovely and clean and showed the historic character the house provided.

The staff were friendly and catered to my every needs and I would be happy to come back to gomersal in the near future.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Holidaymadnes2013
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently.
Never never again.
Horrible hotel horrible staff and service.
The room was disgusting the bathroom was also so horrible i could not shower in.
Please please please avoid.
This hotel should be closed down.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank blonde1911
Hyde, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Very dated, dangerous pot holes all along the long driveway to the entrance, no adequate parking facilities, bathroom so tiny you had to climb onto the toilet to close the door behind you. Would not shower as it was so antiquated that I was afraid I may break something. Stay here for a dare if you must but make sure the management pay YOU for being so brave!

Room Tip: There IS no good room!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ShazNaz1
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Me and my boyfriend booked to go to this hotel on sat night, it looked very nice on the pictures. Well that was a different story when we got there. We arrived to not knowing we had a double room booked online. We were told to sit in this bar while they " got the room ready" we was sat for about half an hour waiting for our room. The owner of the hotel took up to our room. The "double room was like a cupboard " I wouldn't even put a dog in the room. It smelled and was really dirty the dirty horrible bathroom had a hole in the floor, and it looked like it was stuck in the 1950"s the bed was in a coner and it was horrible with stains on the sheet .We dint even have a key for the room as he said somebody knicked it and when we wanted to get out of the room we had to ring downstairs. It was that bad we left. He wouldn't give us our money back and we had to argu until he did. This hotel is horrible and I wouldn't even send my worst Enmy to sleep in that room. it was like a night mare.

• Stayed April 2013
7 Thank Gema1994
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gomersal
Gomersal Park Hotel
#21 of 27 in Bradford
Oulton Hall & Spa
Oulton Hall & Spa
#1 of 1 in Oulton

Been to Gomersal Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!