“A warm welcome at Croft Mill”
Review of Croft Mill

Croft Mill
Ranked #2 of 22 Hebden Bridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 September 2008

A really relaxing week at Croft Mill. Our apartment was very comfortable. We were met by Josephine, the owner, who made us feel very welcome. Fresh flowers, fruit, croissants, bread, milk, cheese and butter, tea and coffee, some suggestions for local walks were waiting for us - another thoughtful touch. The apartment was very comfortable, and very well fitted out, with state of the art furnishings, appliances and entertainment.

Hebden Bridge itself is an interesting and attractive place to visit, and Manchester, Leeds, York and Blackpool are all easily accessible by train. The local bus service also looked very good.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Soutra

Reviewed 7 June 2008

I arranged the accommodation with the Josephine the owner. All my communications with her where great first class. I arrived on Friday the 6th June to be welcomed and greeted like a family member.

The apartment was clean and new and just FAB!! with fresh fruit croissants and butter.

I at that point recommended this to all my friends and associates who live in Hebden Bridge who came and had a look around.

Unfortunately the morning after was not as warm and Welcoming as I would have expected!!

Upon booking and reading the literature I did not know the time I had to vacate the apartment.

I was rudely awaken at 10.30 in the morning...alas I know to people with Family's this is un-heard of but in my life this is very early from the night before!

For 5 minutes there was knocking at the door... I had to scramble out of bed to be greeted by Josephine (the Owner). I was given my receipt for my booking and to be then told by they way check out is 10 am!! She explained that she had not made his clear when I made the booking and when I checked in. But I was told due to their apartments being serviced between 10 am and 12 I had to in affect get a move on and check out.

As you can imagine I was not best pleased, I felt l I had broken the law.

I did not have time to shower have breakfast and sort myself out.

I then checked out and I mentioned I was upset about the confusion with the owner’s husband in Apartment 19.

Upon the stern look I received, and I was talked down to, stating that it was in the small print in the Directory in the apartment, and it was my responsibility to read this fully and they only have people to clean the apartments between 10 am an 12pm.

As you can imagine I was not best pleased that the owners did not appreciate Feedback, and when I mentioned I would write feedback on the web page, the response from the owner’s husband was not that complimentary.

I hope that this is just a one off occasion for this new establishment. They could have a great business if they only understood the Hospitality industry and flexibility.

Having said all this is, if you need to stay for more than one night I’m sure you will be fine.

I do hope they will learn from this and make this a great business and Market Leader in the local area.

Regards,

Richard Greenall

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
11  Thank Richard_Greenall
Moyles
Moyles
#5 of 22 in Hebden Bridge
Hare and Hounds Country Inn

Been to Croft Mill? Share your experiences!