“Fantastic Accomodation & Excellent Family Location!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Croft Mill

Croft Mill
Ranked #1 of 22 Hebden Bridge B&B and Inns
Burnley
“Fantastic Accomodation & Excellent Family Location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2009

I stayed at Croft Mill apartments with my partner and 20 month old son for
2 nights towards the end of May 2009.

The accomodation is absolutely fantastic and the facilities more then met
expectations taking my infant into account. Josephine was excellent
providing high chair, cot and toy box for Callum who loved every minute of
his stay.

Croft Mill have gone that extra mile when it comes to catering and caring
for their guest, I was pleasently surprised to find that our self catering
needs had been taken into account and we were provided with a banquet of
fresh fruit, cereals, milk, eggs, local cheese as well as croissants to
tickle the tastebuds!

My partner Natalie was over the moon with the Spa Treatment package on offer, she had a choice of various treatments and in the end opted for the full body massage & mini facial which left her refreshed and relaxed. All in all excellent
value for money!

The views that surround the accomodation make this an idylic venue for
anyone whether you are young or old, single or a couple and exeptional for
families due to the lift provided and flat surroundings around the
village.

Regarding Hebden Bridge we were over the monn with the choice of
activities, from pottering round the shops to canal walks, boat trips and
fantastic choice of restuarants that are all child friendly and the staff
extremely welcoming. Our personal favourite restuarant of the weekend was
the Il Milano italian in the main square.

All in all I have stayed in many B & B's, Hotels and prviate apartments
both home and abroad, Croft Mill and Hebden Brdige are up there with the
best of them and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to
anybody looking for a fantastic break.

Best Regards & Thank You again to Josephine!

Gary Kay & Family

Burnley

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank gazkay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Barnoldswick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2009

My wife and I arrived earlier than planned and I called through. The owners were quick to arrive and take us from the private parking bay up to the penthouse apartment. I was excited on the way up in the lift having seen the recently beautifully restored Croft Mill from the main road.
The experience was even better when we got up to the common terrace on the penthouse floor. The view out over canal, park and hills is superb.
Once in the apartment, we were given an informative lowdown on the accomodation and some general tips.
I was instantly drawn to the window "wall" with blinds for privacy looking out over Hebden bridge roof tops and the lovely hills behind.
We ate out at Sabroso (mediterranean food) which is excellent and the Thai across the road is super too.
All in all a memorable stay, we recommend it!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2009

Went to croft mill to have a short break with my family, would just like to say that the accommodation could not be better, the apartment we stayed is was perfect, very relaxed atmosphere and the owners were brilliant, i would definately recommend to anyone visiting the area to stay here.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2009

I stayed here with my partner and would recommend Croft Mill to all my family, friends and business colleagues. The room was immaculately clean and beautifully furnished with stylish modern funishings. The attention to detail was terrific with lovely toileteries and a quality food hamper containing breads, jams etc. the owner was extremely helpful and was a mine of information and recommended trips out and places to eat locally. The location could not be better right in the centre of town handy for bars, restaurants and attractons , yet it was quiet and peaceful in the apartment. I stayed in a superior room which was pure luxury so heaven knows what the penthouse suites are like. I will try one when I stay next time as I will definately be returning.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Bath
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2009

We booked Croft Mill for our Honeymoon, agreeing that our children 15 and 13 and our two small terriers would also be accompanying us. We checked prices and asked if they would do a deal for cash, of which this was greatfully accepted, we then gave our card details for security for the booking.
On arrival we were meet by Josephine, the accomodation was very good, also nice welcome pack. She said that they could not get the payment from that card, we said it was a cash deal and we would pay by the end of the week, very happy all round with this.
A few blunders along the way, a toaster blew all the lights, the shaving light was not wired up correctly and the washer dryer as advertised and instructions for a washer dryer in the Bible was in fact a washer only, but we took this with good faith.
Josephine was paid £500 cash on the Thursday night (for Mon pm to Fri am) and was very happy.
We left on the Friday and stripped the beds and put dishwasher on etc and generally did all we could without doing all the cleaning ourselves, Josephine came into the appartment and said what good guest we were and was very happy how we lhad left it, then we went on our merry way.
A few days later we noticed something wrong with the card we put up for security, it had been debited for £80, this took a few days to appear that it was Croft Mill, we then telephoned and asked why? we were informed that we had made a water mark on a coffee table and there we stains on the carpet, also dog hairs from our Lurchers!!!!!
Being very astounded we challenged this and was told that Josephine would check with the cleaners and call us back, this did not happen, this is then when we spoke to her obnoxious, unable to tell the truth, nasty, unprofessional husband, who was very disagreeable. He lied time and time again, one being they dont take dogs and they did not agree to it, (truthfully would people travel 500 miles from home hoping they could get away with two dogs that were not allowed) and said that photos were in the post to prove the damage etc, the payment was taken two days after we left straight and photos and letters were five days later after we have discovered this dishonesty. This could have been anyone and they were just trying it on.
They had no manners or scruples to ring us to say they thought there was a problem they just used our card without our permission, and when challenge incredibly rude and dishonest. On talking to the husband the next day he added more problems with dog hairs, that I should not have stripped the beds, that he never deals with cash (rubbish, bit our hand off when offered) just a very nasty piece of work and is just incapable of telling the truth. .
Whlst the accomodation and the Mill is in a good location, there are just as nice placed to stay, places that you could trust the proprietors with your credit card details. Not just people that would take advantage and who have no manners to address the situation before taking money that was not rightly theirs.
It was eventually sorted where they return half of the charge, again we feel that we had been stitched up and just wanted to get it out of the way and never have to deal with them again.

If you do try your luck here, I would suggest pay deposit with cheque and pay the remaining with card in their presence and get them to sign that they are happy with how you left the accomation and also sign that they will not use your credit card without authorisation. Also read their rules and regulations (copy in the room) he will change them to suit himself.

My advice go somewhere else just as nice but with piece of mind that your money is safe

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
23 Thank Dolliedotcom
Hebden Bridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2009

My partner, 2 year old daughter and myself stayed here last Friday. We are looking to move to Hebden Bridge and just needed somewhere to sleep on Friday before going off to look at properties the next day. As we had two long days of driving either side of our stay, I wanted somewhere we could just crash out comfortably. That's what we got, and more. Everything was thought of - there was a lovely fruit basket, continental breakfast including croissant, bread, eggs, tea and coffee and apple juice, organic chocolate and crisps, and locally made biscuits. The kitchen was beautifully equipped, there was a great toy basket for our daughter, who got stuck straight in after our 6 hour drive. Josephine met us and showed us in, made sure we had everything we needed. What needs saying about this place is that it isn't just somewhere where they've done a bare minimim to get it to a certain level. Everything has been carried out to a really high standard - the conversion has been beautifully done, the furniture and fittings feel expensive - no wobbly IKEA stuff here. The bedlinen was lovely, the beds really comfy. Ecover toiletries and cleaning products too. I can't think of a better place to stay. Many thanks.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2009

After trawling the internet for accommodation services in Hebden Bridge, i came across the faboulous Croft Mill, as soon as i read the description, services and what the rooms had to offer my mind was made up in an instant.
I took my partner away for a couple of nights of relaxation to get away from our hectic lifestyles, as soon as we arrived, the owner Josephine made us feel relaxed, she showed us to our apartment which just looked like the internet pictures, Josephine was very informative and knowledgeable and ensured that we were happy with everything.
The apartment still feels very new, light and airy. It has everything you need for self catering accommodation, not to mention the little extras from a fantastic welcome tray, overflowing fruit bowl and a vase of fresh flowers.
The property is located in the centre of Hebden bridge opposite the canal walking distance to all shops, bars, cafes etc.
All i can say from a hospitality background myself, i thought the owners attention to detail in providing and thinking of the customers needs were outstanding, customer service with a smile was given right from the start and one of my bugbears is cleanliness which i couldnt fault thoughout the entire apartment.
I would like to wish the owners good luck in their journey and when i can get time at the end of the year we will be back for another memorable stay.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Moyles
Moyles
#4 of 22 in Hebden Bridge
Hare and Hounds Country Inn

Been to Croft Mill? Share your experiences!