Angeldale Guest House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Hebden Bridge
See available hotels
The White Lion Hotel(Hebden Bridge)
The Queen Hotel(Todmorden)
View Hotel
The New Hobbit(Sowerby Bridge)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsfriendly couplelovely houseshort walk from the centreb bquiet locationsurrounding areahebdenwalks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2010

I would really recommend this B&B. The hosts are lovely and extremely helpful. The rooms are very big and we had a nice view across the village from the bay window towards the front. The location is great as it is very close to local restaurants and bars so you can walk everywhere. It made for a prefect base to the Yorkshire Dales and surrounding area.
Two thumbs up.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 December 2009

I recently had occasion to stay at the Angeldale Guest House in Hebden Bridge. It was my second visit in as many years and I was as delighted on this occasion as I was on my first. Right from the get go the proprietors, Stephen and Christine, were warm, welcoming and accommodating but unobtrusive. One concern I always have with guesthouses and B and B's is the close physical proximity with the owners which can lead to feeling that you don't have your privacy. Stephen and Christine have cultivated just the right balance of being attentive to the needs of their guests while respecting their need for personal space.

My room was large, well-appointed and spotlessly clean with magnificent views of the surrounding hills. Though I try to resist having too many full English breakfasts, on this occasion I let myself go and had two over the course of my three day stay and they were delicious. Breakfast was a quick tea and toast on my final morning because I had a train and a plane to catch. It was raining heavily that morning and Stephen very kindly gave me a lift to the station. The rail network was in a mess that day because of heavy flooding and Stephen expressed genuine concern that I might not make it to Manchester to the point of telling me that he would drive me there if need be. As things turned out I caught my train to Manchester and made my flight but not without a very suspenseful journey.

The Financial Times has called Hebden Bridge the 4th funkiest town in Europe. Frankly, all the funk must be happening behind closed doors because I didn't see much of it myself. But nonetheless it is a charming town and an ideal base from which to explore the fascinating relics of the Victorian Industrial Age, the birthplace of Ted Hughes' in Mytholmroyd and the final resting place of Sylvia Plath in Heptonstall. With brooding skies and blackened limestone walls this is the quintessential Yorkshire and there is no better place from which to explore it than the Angeldale Guest House.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank dundeelawrence
Reviewed 10 September 2009

Christine and Stephen were extremely lovely and welcoming people and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in their beautiful house, we'll definitely be back when we have the chance, thanks!
Megan and Becky

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2009

This is a place I could back to time and time again . Stephen and Christine were friendliness itself and very helpful with little extras when asked for. The lounge was relaxing and generated a friendly atmosphere. The rooms were comfortable and contained everything that you needed without being 'chintzy'. Breakfast was excellent.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2009

Angeldale is impressive, but the large house still has a cozy ambience inside. The decor was in keeping with the style of the house. Steve, the host, was very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Angeldale was easy to walk to from the train station, and the town is a hop, skip and a jump away from Angeldale guest house. Very clean and has nice comforts such as tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms (decent sized rooms). The breakfast was delicious and was I asked if I needed an early breakfast.
I recommend Angeldale to anyone. I emailed pictures of the house to my friends and they fell in love.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo