All reviewsfriendly couplelovely houseshort walk from the centrequiet locationsurrounding areahebdenhowarthmanchesterwalks
Reviewed 22 August 2010

We came down for 2 nights to visit friends and were pleasantly surprised by Angeldale. The owners are a very friendly couple and made sure we had everything we needed during our stay. The bed room was a nice size, spotlessly clean and had tea and coffe facilities and a decent en-suite toilet and shower. The TV was a little on the small side however and could only receive analogue channels, but we weren't there to watch TV so it wasn't a massive problem.
Breakfast was in a lovely bright room with views over the village. The cooked breakfast was very good and there was also a selection of cereals.
There was also a large lounge room available.
We were given a key and left to come and go as we pleased which was very refreshing and relaxed. The B&B is right in the centre of Hebden Bridge and is within walking distance of the local pubs and shops.
We thought this B&B was really good value for money given the location and would definitely go back if we visit the area again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hobandhelen
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I stayed at Angeldale last year and liked it so much I came back. The guest house is quiet, yet a short walk to town and the rail station. There are many boutiques and cute shops in Hebden Bridge and there is a thriving art scene. Tea and coffee making facilities are in each room and vegetarians are catered for. Angeldale wants to make your stay enjoyable and will make you packed lunches, the hosts are always contactable. The rooms are comfortable and quiet, I had a beautiful view of cottages and rolling hills. I totally recommend Angeldale.

I was able to get to my conference easily from Angeldale and I recommend a day trip to Lancaster, visit the Lancaster castle - half is a working prison, half is open for tours.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2010

2nd time at angeldale and enjoyed every minute of it..Stephen an Christine great hosts good fun, very helpful and friendly.Our room was great, so very clean and quiet and very comfortable beds, with the benefit of en suite
breakfast..mmmm great choice of cereals, fruit juice then a lovely full english....just right portion and a good start to the day... before startin on one of hebdens lovely walks
the guest house is in a great posottion...very quiet yet only 5 min stroll to village centre, with all the bars restaurants, nelsons wine bar is a must !!
cannot fault angeldale..and as for somene commenting about not being able to take back take aways...well why would you ??...so easy for people to make a mess on the bedding/carpets with pizza's currys,kebabs etc. and make the room smell. If anyone cant go a weekend without eating such rubbish then go and stay in a dump...angeladale isnt for you, its a lovely establishment and we cant wait to go again

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2010

I would really recommend this B&B. The hosts are lovely and extremely helpful. The rooms are very big and we had a nice view across the village from the bay window towards the front. The location is great as it is very close to local restaurants and bars so you can walk everywhere. It made for a prefect base to the Yorkshire Dales and surrounding area.
Two thumbs up.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 December 2009

I recently had occasion to stay at the Angeldale Guest House in Hebden Bridge. It was my second visit in as many years and I was as delighted on this occasion as I was on my first. Right from the get go the proprietors, Stephen and Christine, were warm, welcoming and accommodating but unobtrusive. One concern I always have with guesthouses and B and B's is the close physical proximity with the owners which can lead to feeling that you don't have your privacy. Stephen and Christine have cultivated just the right balance of being attentive to the needs of their guests while respecting their need for personal space.

My room was large, well-appointed and spotlessly clean with magnificent views of the surrounding hills. Though I try to resist having too many full English breakfasts, on this occasion I let myself go and had two over the course of my three day stay and they were delicious. Breakfast was a quick tea and toast on my final morning because I had a train and a plane to catch. It was raining heavily that morning and Stephen very kindly gave me a lift to the station. The rail network was in a mess that day because of heavy flooding and Stephen expressed genuine concern that I might not make it to Manchester to the point of telling me that he would drive me there if need be. As things turned out I caught my train to Manchester and made my flight but not without a very suspenseful journey.

The Financial Times has called Hebden Bridge the 4th funkiest town in Europe. Frankly, all the funk must be happening behind closed doors because I didn't see much of it myself. But nonetheless it is a charming town and an ideal base from which to explore the fascinating relics of the Victorian Industrial Age, the birthplace of Ted Hughes' in Mytholmroyd and the final resting place of Sylvia Plath in Heptonstall. With brooding skies and blackened limestone walls this is the quintessential Yorkshire and there is no better place from which to explore it than the Angeldale Guest House.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo