“Not so sure...”
Review of Laurel End House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hebden Bridge
Laurel End House
Ranked #14 of 22 Hebden Bridge B&B and Inns
“Not so sure...”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Hot water, clean beds and good hot breakfast, but property in need of an update inside. Reception hall and stairwell had doggy smell- great if you wanted to bring a pet, but not so good if you didn't. Breakfast room obviously used for other things in the day and cluttered. Bedrooms a good size but older style furniture and bedding. Generally slightly dusty and windows very dirty. Woken up in the night with owner putting the dog to bed! Rather expensive for what we got, although owner polite and a central location with private parking.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Doncaster
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We have recently returned from a trip to Hebden Bridge where we stayed at the Laurel End B&B. There were 5 of us, 2 adults & 3 teenagers. We had a great time, the B&B was good, a large attic room divided into 2 seperate rooms which was perfect for us. Breakfast was fab and nothing was too much trouble for Laura who runs Laurel End ( how many people do you know who would help carry your luggage up 2 flights of stairs?). It is perfectly situated for all amenities and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, we will return. Thankyou Laura.

Room Tip: Book attic room if travelling with family.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank paulaDoncaster
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We always stay in Laurel End House when in Hebden Bridge and usually rent a beautiful rustic loft apartment with a fantastic view from the roof window – it is very quiet and restful place, exactly what one needs after rumbling the surrounding hills – Laura cooks excellent and very generous breakfast and here is a view from her breakfast table! We have always enjoyed our stay here and highly recommend Laurel House. And one more thing - parking is free and in front of the house!

Sonja Mirkovic and Robert Johns, London

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sonjaandbob
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I've read the reviews posted by other users, and they are mixed to say the least! Personally I can only praise Laurel End. I stayed for 3 nights, and had a really good stay. This is a period property, which meant that I had a lovely spacious room, with a huge window which let in loads of light. It is not a characterless 5 star hotel. Despite that, my bed was more comfortable than the one I had in an InterContinental Hotel (Warsaw)

I was looking for a central location, and can't fault Laurel End on that score. Very convenient. Free Car parking is also available, which is a big plus in Hebden Bridge!

The breakfasts are plentiful, consisting of fruit, yogurts, cereals, juice, various breads and eggs made to order. A cooked meat or veggie breakfast is available for a small supplement, which makes sense as that is not for everyone.

Laura is very helpful, and full of advice about the local area and things to do. There are plenty of leaflets around.

If you want a faceless hotel, don't stay here. If you want friendly, personal service, this is your place!

I wanted a clean, safe, convenient plce to stay and that is what I got!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank DeniseWanders
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Laura is a great host, easy going and friendly, the rooms are clean and spacious, breakfast was generous and as well as the really good deal on room and breakfasts, we got free car park!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
manchester
Reviewed 28 April 2011

Spent a night at Laurel End in February. Unfortunately found it smelly downstairs in the dining room so didn't want to eat breakfast, cat pee......
Our room was nice but the upstairs room was dodgy to say the least, plugs in the bathroom and the toilet cistern in the bedroom.
Still it is conveniently located, near the wonderful Thai restaurant.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank sazzieManchester
successWestYorkshire, Owner at Laurel End House, responded to this review, 25 June 2011
I don't have a cat. There is no toilet cistern in any of the bedrooms and no (electric ? ) plugs in any of the bathrooms. I find this title hurtful and offensive. Why was this guest wandering around the rest of my house anyway ?

Travellers are raving about these Hebden Bridge hotels

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2011

I stayed at Laurel End House 3 times during 2010. I found Laura very accommodating and helpful concerning my coming and going times and my needing to have a very early breakfast. The beds were very clean, fresh and comfortable. The bathroom was not ultra posh but was spotlesly clean, the towels provided were adequate and again spotlesly clean and fresh, I was invited to ask for more if needed, I never needed to. Being a VIctorian Terrace the stairs are narrow and by the same token the rooms are spacious. Luara provides a variety of cereals, bread, yogourt, juice, fresh fruit and herbal teas for breakfast with facilities in the rooms for hot drinks. What more could one ask for the price paid.

I own a similar property which I've converted to a House in Multiple Occupation(HMO) and to be licenced I have to conform to local council regulations. All businesses of these nature have to be registered and so have to conform to local regulations as Laural End must surely have done. The regulations stipulated can vary from area to area.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business