“Comfortable and Quirky”
Review of Laurel End House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hebden Bridge
Laurel End House
Ranked #17 of 22 Hebden Bridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Laurel End is very centrally located - around a five minute walk from the train station - and the views from our room were stunning: the hills above the town and the former mill building opposite. The house itself is a charmingly rambling terrace with lots of stairs which might be an issue for the less mobile. Decor is traditional with lots of period features. Our room was lovely, with a big comfy bed with brass bedstead, the original built-inn cupboards and some pretty prints on the walls. It was not en suite, but we didn't have to share with anyone else during our stay. The bathroom is smallish but clean and tidy, slightly wonky loo seat and not a lot of heating which prompted no temptation to linger during the morning ablutions. In fact, the house in general was not all that warm (on a chilly late September weekend) and, whilst we are used to the draughtier aspects of living in lovely old terraced houses, it could come as a bit of a shock to the more centrally heated visitor. There was a convector heater in the bedroom and that was fine for background heating. Must say I had two of the best (and quietist) night's sleep I've had in ages. Breakfast depends on what you choose - I'm not a breakfast person so settled for yoghurt and lovely freshly made coffee. My other half had grilled mushrooms on toast. All served in a very friendly way by Helen, Laura's lodger. The sweetly friendly dog desperately wanted to come in and make friends with the visitors too! All in all, a great stay, reasonable value for money, but possibly not for people who find steps and stairs hard to manage. Must say, one reviewer's phantom bad smells didn't strike us as apparent. All was very clean and tidy.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in is on the first floor and has the fabulous view of the hills and the mill buil...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MiriamWakefield

Reviewed 14 September 2012

I'm not a particularly hygienic man, I can go a whole bank holiday weekend without so much of a sponge bath and think nothing of it. I am also no stranger to a bad odour, the morning after a chicken tikha bhuna, my wife had to leave our bedroom and be sick due to the atmosphere I had created. It didn't bother me though, in fact I was very content. Anyway, enough about me, let's talk about laurel end. We stayed there for 3 minutes and 43 seconds one Friday night. I can't remember anything about the place but when I checked out, I remember wondering if I have ever smelt a place, one that is primarily used to accommodate humans, as incredible as this before. I just remember waking up in the gutter outside wondering if a pack of dogs had taken turns to defecate into my open mouth. we left then. I must say however, during our short stay Laura was lovely and the rooms were indeed spacious. I'm sure the breakfast was outstanding

Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank frightenedman
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We stayed here for 2nights and found a change each day in our experience. Upon my arrival I was greated by the lodger with a warm welcome and showed to the room.

It'll do, off for a pint!

Spot on breakfast an out for the day

Nxt morning, only 1 breakfast provided an not so warm welcome

When asking for the bill I nearly collapsed!
If it was cheap it would be ok, but when its hotel prices it's far from

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We highly recommend staying at Laurel End in Hebden Bridge. Laura was welcoming and friendly.After a grueling trip from London and arriving in the relentless rain,we appreciated that she provided us with fresh milk for our tea.

She even let us borrow her U.S adapter, so we could use our laptop.

Breakfast was delicious and made-to-order. I was especially pleased that a vegetarian option was available.

The bed was comfortable and clean and the big bathtub was a treat for my exhausted family.

Room Tip: If you have a question about the local area, just ask...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank L M
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Stayed at Laurel End over the Jubilee weekend for the HB Blues Festival. Attic room was very comfortable. Breakfast was lovely and the location is great, very convenient, free wi-fi too and the owner, Laura, is very helpful and pleasant. We're already booked for next year!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DerbyshireNow
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Hot water, clean beds and good hot breakfast, but property in need of an update inside. Reception hall and stairwell had doggy smell- great if you wanted to bring a pet, but not so good if you didn't. Breakfast room obviously used for other things in the day and cluttered. Bedrooms a good size but older style furniture and bedding. Generally slightly dusty and windows very dirty. Woken up in the night with owner putting the dog to bed! Rather expensive for what we got, although owner polite and a central location with private parking.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We have recently returned from a trip to Hebden Bridge where we stayed at the Laurel End B&B. There were 5 of us, 2 adults & 3 teenagers. We had a great time, the B&B was good, a large attic room divided into 2 seperate rooms which was perfect for us. Breakfast was fab and nothing was too much trouble for Laura who runs Laurel End ( how many people do you know who would help carry your luggage up 2 flights of stairs?). It is perfectly situated for all amenities and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, we will return. Thankyou Laura.

Room Tip: Book attic room if travelling with family.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family