Laurel End House
Crown Inn(Hebden Bridge)
US$126
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
The White Lion Hotel(Hebden Bridge)
US$174
US$168
Far Moorside Farm(Cragg Vale)
US$107
Robin Hood Inn(Pecket Well)
US$132
Croft Mill(Hebden Bridge)
Moyles(Hebden Bridge)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Have stayed at Laurel End House three times now. An annual pilgrimage to the fantastic but sadly no longer Hebden Bridge Blues Festival. On each occasion we stayed three nights over the bank holiday weekend. Laurel End House is a typical of the area, large, quirky victorian house. Built on a hill with two stories at the front and four at the back. All around are fantastic views of the town and surrounding countryside and Rochdale canal.
The room (Marina Room) we stayed in was large with many original features, has a large very comfortable, clean bed, and a large window with a great view of the town, park and canal. There was a small TV and tea and coffee making facilities and plenty of furniture for your clothes. The small bathroom on the first floor is shared but is very adequate and we never experienced any problems with it.
We have always been made extremely welcome by Laura the owner who has a great knowledge of the surrounding area and is always willing to sit down and chat to make you feel at home after the lovely breakfast. .
The B & B is ideally situated for visitors, being both very close to the town center and the railway station. Free parking is provided.
If you like overly sanitized, small, white, modern conformity Laurel End House is not for you.
If you prefer to be treat as a person rather than a room occupier, this is the place to stay.
Thanks Laura, We will be back, Blues festival or not.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David A
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We found this B&B to be slightly down at heel and shabby. But our main complaint is that we booked and asked for the attic room which has it's own bathroom, and on arrival were given a room where we had to share a bathroom. Apparently we were swapped because the people in the attic room decided to stay for longer. I would have expected a phone call to ask if this was ok with us - which it wasn't. Also, the door to our room had to be locked to keep it shut so trips to the loo in the middle of the night meant having to leave the door wide open. No more venturing into B&B's for us - next time a pub or hotel as we usually do.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny R
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Three of us stayed here before be set off for three days cycling on the Pennine Bridleway. We were given a warm welcome and a safe place to store our cycles. Breakfast was a lovely view overlooking the town and we were able to leave our car safely for 3 days. A great start.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank wafayaw
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I found Laurel End to be great value for money so will definitely stay there again if I need a B&B in Hebden Bridge. I looked around for the lowest price and was pleasantly surprised by the charm of Laurel End with its lovely garden and views (with the added advantage of being located between the station and the town), by the hospitality and care I received and with the condition of the room which included comfortable beds, a convector heater should I need one (being summer I didn’t) and facilities for making tea. I also found the bathroom to be adequate for my needs and full of charm. I opted to pay for a cooked breakfast (continental is free) and was impressed with the quality, amount and variety of food placed before me. A perfect start to the day and exactly what I needed for a day’s walking and exploring.

Above all, I welcomed the slightly eccentric personality of my hostess who shared with me ample information about the local area and was always friendly and helpful when I asked questions. I was also able to pick up all the maps and free literature at the house that interested me which saved a visit to the Tourist Information Centre. In conclusion, I would say that Laurel End is the kind of down-to-earth and very human gem that one feels lucky to have found in this day and age. Rather than being fancy or ‘modern’ to justify charging the going rate or more, this B&B offers genuine character and warmth, and even intelligent conversation if desired. I don’t know about anyone else, but I always find my trips to be more memorable if I am made to feel at home and receive the personal touch at the B&B in which I have stayed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Antraeus
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Beds comfortable and rooms clean. Laura was friendly and helpful and provided us with a good hearty breakfast as we overlooked a fantastic view from the window. Near Hebden Bridge train station and local shops. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business