Laurel End House
The White Lion Hotel(Hebden Bridge)
US$153
US$113
Priceline
Croft Mill(Hebden Bridge)
US$366
Robin Hood Inn(Pecket Well)
Far Moorside Farm(Cragg Vale)
TripAdvisor
Glen View(Hebden Bridge)
Aaron's Campsite(Cragg Vale)
Pitchup.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 February 2010

As a regular visitor to Hebden Bridge I have sampled a range of B and Bs that this unique town has to offer and I have to say that Laurel End House is the best.

I often travel from Spain which leads to the inevitable delays but even on occasions when I have staggered in past midnight I have been welcomed with a smile and offered some Yorkshire Tea.

The location is perfect.

It is a 5 minute walk from the train station then just 2 minutes down the hill into the town centre.

The rooms are warm and spacious with some spectacular views of the valley.

However the thing that continues to impress me and keeps me coming back for more is the service.

Nothing is too much for Laura be it flexibility with the check out time or adding a few extra sausages for breakfast.

She is exactly what you want as a host and its amazing how little, simple gestures can make the stay that more enjoyable.

I can’t recommend Laurel House enough as the perfect base for a trip to Hebden.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 15 February 2010

Not what I was expecting after reading the reviews on here and looking at the website. First thing i noticed as I entered Laurel End house was the smell of dogs and that's coming from a horse and dog owner, it is possible to own dogs and not have a smelly house, but thats not the major issue here.

Our attic room room had visable signs of damp on the walls and smelt damp.
The narrow stairs case leading up to the room had no light making it a bit hazadous to negotiate.
Worse bed I have had to sleep in, our twin beds were like a pair of bunkbeds that had been split up.
The bathroom which was tiny to me looked like a home made effort made up of bits of wood reclaimed from the recycling centre. The enamel toilet seat was all chipped and the shower had a plaster board ceiling that had been emulsioned over and was now peeling, the shower curtain looked years old and was dirty and mildewed. I am actually renovating a house at the moment and I will gladly offer my old bathroom and kitchen to Laurel End before I put them in the skip.
Breakfast was ok with plenty on offer but the rolls and muffins offered were a bit on the stale side for me.
Didn't really expect a lot for the money we paid, but both myself and my collegue felt the place was dark damp and dirty and couldn't wait to get home.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank appaloosajade
successWestYorkshire, owner at Laurel End House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2010

"Dark, damp and dirty and couldn't wait to get home"- yet these women told their colleague to rent another room here after they arrived ! Poor service ? I was up at 6am on Saturday and Sunday getting their breakfast.. The attic has FOUR beds one a double. Immediately prior to their departure they claimed to have already paid me when in fact they had not done so . Otherwise they seemed perfectly happy through
out their visit.

Reviewed 5 January 2010

My 8 months pregnant partner and I escaped to Hebden Bridge on the 29th December for 2 days of peace and quiet and no TV. We stayed in The Marina Room a period room with views across the valley, there was a TV but we didn't need it. Laura was helpful with information and recommended we take a trip up to Heptonstall the old original village parts of it untouched since the late 19th century.
We had a great meal at the Olive Branch for some healthy grub and the 1920s cinema the Picture House is a gem. Would love to go back and walk the hills come summer time and would stay at Laurel End again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2009

It soon became obvious upon my arrival at Laurel End House that Laura and Bill are excellent hosts.

This is genuine first class service, but in a way that makes you feel comfortable, and at home.

I liked my room.

It was clean, warm, and spacious, with cosy lamps, hot drinks, and a good book.

The bed was big and comfy and I had a very good nights sleep.

Breakfast was very good and just the right amount.

Laurel End House is really near to the town so just a quick walk in to the nearest shops, restaurants, cafes, and bars.

I would recommend this B and B to anyone.

I was very glad to have stayed there and pleased to have passed some time with Laura and Bill.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 November 2009

We spent a weekend here en route back from Scotland, having heard from friends that Hebden Bridge was worth a visit. Laurel End is really central and in a great position for exploring the town on foot - good if you want an evening out without having to worry about taxis and so on. Laura, our host, was very helpful and accommodating - full English and full vegan breakfasts both delicious. Our room was quirky, spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple