“Idyllic setting, nice food and pleasant atmosphere”
Review of Rim Nam Thai

Rim Nam Thai
Ranked #11 of 74 Restaurants in Hebden Bridge
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Placed right on the canal, this is a lovely little restaurant. We were especially lucky as it was a really sunny and pleasant evening. So we sat outside, overlooking the canal amongst the other customers. We shared a few different starters; the goong tempura and the gadoong mo ob. Both were delicious. The service was fat and the staff very efficient, not over friendly but professional. The bar staff were more so, very smiley and nice! We went inside for our main, which wasn't as nice as the outdoor area. Very large, and although it held character, it seemed it was just too big to fit. Lovely large windows so lots of natural light and a wonderful view.
Would definitely try it again as the menu was fantastic and varied :)

1  Thank cranberryloves

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great tasty Thai food in a lovely location in Hebden. Usual amazing hospitality. Recommend the Penang Curry - Yummy.. BUT incredibly small portion sizes on the main course. Its a good job I was filled a little with a starter, free crackers and thai beer. Seriously .. a main for £10 needs to touch ones sides! BIGGER please. A funny end to the night courtesy of the biggest red beaked duck I have ever stumbled across in a toilet! ... Is by the canal I suppose!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Probably our third or fourth visit and never been disappointed. This time we opted for the meal for two deal. Mixed starters were excellent. Main courses (three of) and rice meant we were not left hungry. Friendly smiling service throughout even if they were more than a little distracted by the local wildfowl making a beeline for the main door and straight into the ladies toilet! Their efforts to remove them provided the high spot of the night. Happy to recommend Rim Nam Thai to anyone.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

As I said in my title the best Thai around from north or West Yorkshire. I am a frequent traveller to Thailand and this is by far the best I have found out of many I have tried. The food is so so good and is real Thai. The service is sometimes a little slow you can find yourself dying for a drink. After serving you once they forget to come back to check if you would like another. You also wait a while for service and find yourself waving like mad for service but all in all there is no where better for Thai.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Celebrated my birthday at Rim Nam with family. The food was fantastic and the service even better. Tuesday to Thursday they have a two course option which is very good value. Without doubt he best restaurant in Hebden Bridge!