“Splendid!”

Price range: US$1 - US$13
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We called in with our two small children and took a step into Italy! A great little place to eat with a warm welcome and great food!

1  Thank Mopofbog

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Small quirky non description cafe that makes fantastic pizzas owing to its genuine Italian owner Marco. It's lunchtime, kids place not really a fancy date place. But if it's the quality of pizza you are after, it's better than anywhere

1  Thank Tony G
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Had a late morning business meeting in West Yorkshire so we decided to centre on Marco's cafe in Hebden Bridge market square. Marco the owner although he has become a friend but only because I have been going into his establishment as a customer who keeps coming back again and again.

This day Four of us came together and first ordered luxury coffees. When I asked if anyone wanted food my visitors all said no because they didn't want Italian food so early in the day.
I know Marco's well now so I made a comment, feeling slightly embarrassed not to be ordering more than drinks, that if they could have done us something more "British" for my Olde fashioned guests . . . (grumpy gits)! they would have probably have ordered something else as well.

Shortly after to my surprise Marco himself with no further comment then came up with a beautifully thin crispy hand made pizza with bacon fried egg and sausage slices on it and popped it into the middle of our table. Whilst it looked somewhat strange, the pizza was cleverly cut into finger slices, and though my guests were at first reticent about eating, very slowly the 'up take' gathered momentum until by the end of our meeting there wasn't a crumb left on the platter.
One of my more local companions even turned to his father who was with him and said "Why don't we know about this place - we must bring the wives"?
Quietly I smiled to myself, job done Marco!

The coffees were superb and the atmosphere is as close as you can get to the real thing in an Italian village cafe. If you visit in summer take a table at the back on the veranda overlooking the old weir and river of Hebden Bridge. This cafe is small and very quirky and the owner is quite unique, but don't be surprised if its busy, wiggle your way in and find a seat, you will be glad you did.

3  Thank Wiseoldman
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I have eaten here a couple of times and have always been impressed by the easiness of the staff and the quality of the food. It's hard to get a good thin based pizza in these times of huge chains, but Marco's does just that. Delicious and tasty pizza, EXCEPTIONALLY reasonably priced and with a lovely village/community cafe type atmosphere. And you don't get looked at strangely if you only want water with your meal. I loved it and plan to spend more time there..... There are lots of places in Hebden Bridge that feel contrived to be community focused. Marco's just is.

1  Thank Kim B
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This family run Italian provides a welcome atmosphere and fabulous food. In just a few years this cafe has become part of the fabric of Hebden Bridge, a place treasured by locals and 'discovered' by tourists. The staff are always friendly and the authentic Italian food is delicious. At the back of the cafe there's a terrace overlooking the river and there's also a seating area at the front, facing the local mid-week market. We always go to this cafe when we're in Hebden; we love the pizza and the Italian juices.

1  Thank Kelly L