“Lovely people - really welcoming”

The Lamppost cafe and boutique
Ranked #16 of 71 Restaurants in Hebden Bridge
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 July 2014

It's lovely to have a restaurant that not only welcomes dogs, but actually caters for them. The owners were lovely and insisted on taking a photo of our Bichon Frise, Riley, which he was happy to allow, being quite a vain little boy. They make healthy doggie cakes, so Riley was able to have a cake that we knew wouldn't cause him any tummy problems. It's a fabulous idea and I wish more little places would do the same. Loved it.

2  Thank tonyghosthunter
There are newer reviews for The Lamppost cafe and boutique

Reviewed 2 July 2014

visited Hebden Bridge after traveling up from Wrexham, went for coffee and cake at the lamppost which is a dog friendly cafe, we had a lovely welcome from Claire and Kate.Great cup of mocha for me and cappuccino for my wife, cakes are home made and were very moreish, had to show a bit of restraint. also did doggie cakes which looked good.
Great location by the river, spent longer there than we would otherwise have done

2  Thank gary22_10
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have always wanted to visit Hebden Bridge and as I was in the area I took a detour. I arrived at about 1.30, starving hungry and desperate for lunch. The first place I looked at seemed to only serve sandwiches and at first glance this cafe at least had soup and other offerings, and tables outside so I just jumped in and ordered. I wish I'd read these reviews before ... BEWARE if you don't like dogs - THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU!!!!

I probably should have realised with all the dog references but I was so hungry I just focussed on getting lunch. I had baked potato with cheese and beans, and coffee. The baked potato was very average - no garnish or anything, and the coffee was a small cup of overly stewed coffee. I was given "vintage" cutlery to eat it with - small fork and wobbly knife. What I didn't bargain for was a dog circling my legs and looking pathetically at me every mouthful - yuk! Dogs and food should be kept well away from each other.

I didn't try the cakes which looked very nice - I couldn't get away quick enough. Yes, I could have complained but the staff were very friendly and the service was quick. But I certainly wouldn't be venturing here again - there were loads of nice cafes and eateries as I wandered through the wonderful little town - I wish I had waited and been a bit more choosy.

4  Thank Julia B
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I don't have a dog. I have cats . I adore going into a The Lamp post because there are doggies everywhere. There is nowhere like it ! Relaxed, fool, fab position on river. Lovely food . Always a home made soup and a very different salad and always jacket spuds. Cakes n pastries not just for humans but your hound too !

2  Thank lou1344
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Where to start! The food is very good, however the chocolate cake is to die for, I have tried chocolate cakes everywhere and theirs is up there in my top 5. The atmosphere is chilled and relaxed, the staff, the owner and their dog are all lovely.

The café is alongside the river and has dog beds available for all our 4 legged friends together with a large variety of "doggy" cakes made especially for them.

There is a log burner ideal for drying off after a long wet walk, highly recommended for dog lovers.

2  Thank Jane S