Open today: 11:00 - 22:00
Review Highlights
Warm and welcoming

Visited today for lunch with my husband. I had the shin beef and my beloved had the steak and ale... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Anne S
Pudsey, United Kingdom
via mobile
Wonderful

Lovely food served by amazing people. All the staff are really friendly and helpful. We will return... read more

Reviewed 14 October 2018
Geoff C
Bradford, England, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews the pub chunky chips hot sandwiches salad fantastic food watch the world bar staff katsu curry friendly waitress staff were lovely pork loin full english weather permitting bottle of wine ciabatta perfect location specials board
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Called in for a drink, pint of lager and pint of lager shandy £8-50p ! No customer service from the barmaid, too interested in chatting to other customers at the far end of the bar. Looked at reviews and others have said about overpriced and staff have openly admitted on here that they were overcharged but human error ! What a joke.Went next door to il mulino for a 3 course meal and pint of lager for £15.00 say no more!!!!!!

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Visited here today with friends. We were welcomed as soon as we approached the bar area. After browsing the menu we ordered, the bar staff were really helpful and attentive. After waiting not long at all the food arrived it was amazing and looked fantastic, Thankyou to the staff at the shoulder it we will definitely be back

1  Thank Treah17
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Absolutely love the idea of having lots of little dishes and sharing food, so the sharing platters and small dishes section are my absolute favourites.

I must also comment on the amazing Katsu Curry that they offer. LOVE!!

Staff are fab and friendly. Wide choice of drinks and love the gin fizz cocktails!

Must visit!!!

1  Thank lulucachoo1201
Reviewed 3 June 2018

Lovely day out at Hebden Bridge - starving hungry so stopped for lunch at The Shoulder of Mutton as loads of outside seating - a sign saying, award-winning chef. So we ordered the Roast Lamb Dinners - Yeuk - bad start - flat cold so had to ask them to warm it up - waitress looked put out to say the very least - brought it back so now microwaved hot but worst Sunday lunch we have ever had! Burnt Yorkshire pudding (base burnt not just the edges - old reheated ten times roast potatoes - the lamb was a full plate of grizzle - totally yeuk !! Kev went to the pie shop across the square straight after - never again. £10.95 per head so not the cheapest.

2  Thank jenkevjakchar
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We only called in here for a quick drink before our meal we ordered some drinks at the bar which was a rather hard work .
I had to repeat myself to bar tender several times before he understood me .
The pub was very dated and smelt . It’s a shame such a nice location .