“Welcoming cafe”
Review of Innovation

Innovation
Ranked #46 of 76 Restaurants in Hebden Bridge
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Description: Quirky shop with an individualistic choice of Greetings Cards, Candles, Costume jewellery, Glassware, Fun & Games, Scarves, Bags & Fashion Accessories, the best Incense for miles around, Neale's Yard, Arran and other body products. Licensed Cafe with family friendly ambiance and menu on riverside with outdoor terrace and seating. Daily specials including Soup, home made on the premises using healthy local produce where possible. All housed in a restored 700 year old Water Mill now powered by sustainable water power from the giant Water Wheel visible in the cafe and the large Archimedes Screw outside in the river. Read all about the history of the mill including explanations of the Alternative Energy supply on Information Boards in the Cafe. Be aware that IT DOESN'T COST THE EARTH TO EAT, DRINK AND SHOP AT INNOVATION
Reviewed 6 November 2014

What a friendly place for a catch up with friends and family. Whilst we only had soups and drinks, we found this to be a relaxing and friendly café where we were not rushed. It is a café with not too much space, but is it very comfortable and welcoming. There was a wider menu and others in the café were enjoying good looking food.

David F, Owner at Innovation, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

Thank you for your review, I'm glad you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We used to have a reasonable meal here and never went anywhere else in Hebden Bridge. Last year, we had a really bad meal, neither my Husband or I finished it. I never write a bad review on just one visit unless it is REALLY dire. We went a few weeks ago. It was a very hot day and all the cafes and restaurants in St. George's Square were packed and not a spare seat outside any of them. Only one table outside Innovation was taken and only two tables inside. We should have taken note. The food was very average - I would not have served up my chilli or my Husbands sandwich if it had been that standard at home. The Ladies on the next table were trying to catch our eye before we ordered to tell us not to bother as the beef on their sandwich was so tough they took it off. A group of Ladies came out and said, very loudly, "well, that was a waste of time and money". Such a shame but word has obviously got out as it was not busy. A pity. I was about to put some money in the tip dish when I was ordering the food and asked for another glass. I had only ordered one drink as Husband was not thirsty but did want to take a tablet. Waitress was not pleased to give me a second glass and made me feel like a cheapskate. I did not put any money in the dish. If the food had been good, would have gone back. She shot herself in the foot there. Will not be going back to the cafe again. We would have been better served getting a pie or a sandwich from the shop over the road and sitting on a bench.
There is a really good shop attached to the cafe though, so do go and have a look there as there are some nice items and I always buy more than I want. Not much room for the wheel chair though which saves me money.

4  Thank Velma44
David F, Owner at Innovation, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

Thank you for your review and I'm glad you enjoy browsing he shop. Sorry to hear that you had a bad meal last time you visited the cafe. Please do come again and try something from our new menu.
Thanks