“Never again!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Organic House
Ranked #42 of 66 Restaurants in Hebden Bridge
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Whalley Lancashire
“Never again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

My wife and I decided to pop into this attractive-looking cafe and purchase a couple of 'home-made' cakes to take home with us for tea. This establishment claims that "it welcomes you and looks forward to seeing you" and is "famous for its lovingly created baked goods."

Whaaaat!!!! We were met with a RUDE and GRUMPY welcome and when served with the two very SMALL pieces of confectionery in question, found the price to be EXCESSIVE. (Almost £6.00 for one small slice of Drizzle Cake and a piece of Bakewell Tart). Sadly, it became even WORSE. Our tea-time experience at home proved SO disappointing. The "Lemon Drizzle" cake was completely tasteless and most definitely, the worst my wife and I had ever encountered. Perhaps actually introducing some lemon into the cake-mix itself would have helped.

Our suggestion? STAY WELL CLEAR OF THIS ESABLISHMENT! Very poor foodstuffs and grossly overpriced.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Hollick95

Chelmsford, Essex
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Loved the music and chilled atmosphere in here. The meaty breakfast was lovely- I wasn't sure if two sausages were a good idea but they were very good. Beautiful mushrooms and fab bacon. Free refills of coffee which was included in the price of the breakfast. Good friendly service. There was a vegetarian breakfast that looked good too, and other choices. Newspapers and a little garden/yard out the back- and free wifi.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
london
“Classic food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Great little place in a great town. The service was very friendly and efficient. I stopped in for a spot of lunch. I have a brilliant apple, carrot, ginger and lime juice. And a Welsh Rarebit. They said they had a special recipe for the rarebit. It had a lasting tang of Dijon which helped to make it very tasty. It was perfect size for a lunch and i shall return on my next visit. I thought it was good value and couldn't find any faults. What a great town Hebden Bridge is.

Halifax, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Delicious food served freshly prepared and generous portions. Good ambiance inside and a small courtyard setting out the back. Well worth a visit.

Visited July 2014
england
“Very Average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have been here a few times now , the first was with a friend who is vegetarian .She wasn't very impressed with the selection and thought it was over priced. Then I went with a family member who liked what he ordered but said the portions were very small for the cost.The pro's are it is baby friendly and mums who are feeding can do so here in comfort .The con's are the staff hardly smile and seem abrupt to me.We went in this week and I tried to order a healthy smoothie.Thinking it was an organic café they might have alternatives to semi skimmed milk (low fat ? soya ? ) no they assured me, they only had semi skimmed milk which wasn't ideal as recovering from gall bladder surgery I needed low fat or soya .I settled for a plain tea and my friend had coffee which he said was the worst flat white he'd ever had .Even he remarked on the unfriendly staff . A smile really would help but we won't be going back .

• Visited July 2014