“Very nice 2 night stay”

Innkeeper's Lodge Ilkley
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ilkley
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Just returned from two nights here when working in Ilkley and Leeds. First off, excellent staff. From Amy through to the duty manager and then to Barr and restaurant staff, all were excellent.
Food is top quality pub grub at very reasonable prices. The bar has a range of well kept real ales, the whole hotel is served by free wifi and there is plenty of car parking.

My only quibble was having to move rooms firstly when my bathroom door wouldnt unlock at 10.30 at night, then again the next day when my replacement room got redecorated while i was working! That said, the duty manager was great and very apologetic.

So would I return again? Yes I will. The hotel is in a beautiful position overlooking the moors, and i reckon that will be the perfect place to enjoy a beer garden pint or two on a warm summers evening

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sowie
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Ilkley, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Many thanks for giving us your thoughts following your visit to The Cow and Calf, Innkeeper's Lodge, Ilkley. We really do appreciate that you have taken the time to share your comments.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

visiting our daughter in Leeds, she suggested a drive up to Ilkley Moor and the Cow and Calf for some lunch. The hotel has a great setting, just a few hundred yards from Ilkley Moor. It was a Monday in early December 2013 so quite quiet. Inside the hotel/bar/seating area is your typical country pub/restaurant with a few log fires burning. Plenty of choice in terms of seating, some great spots by the windows with some fine views or by one of the fires.
We chose the set 2 or 3 course menu that is fantastic value for money. This was not a special occasion for us, just a casual couple of hours out for some fresh air and some food. The service was friendly, the food came in good time and was very nice thank-you. All in all very good value and I would definitely like to visit again one day. To cap it off we then went for a walk on the moor!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank threesheds2013
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Ilkley, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Cow and Calf and we were delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us. On behalf of all the team we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and we have replied to you personally asking for a little more information.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here in late November 2013 for a weekend getaway and we had a great time. The room we stayed in was comfortable, clean, well presented and well stocked with tea, coffee etc. We arrived after dark on the Friday evening and received a very warm welcome and were booked a table by the fire for dinner. The food was fantastic throughout our two night stay - we dined in the restaurant twice for dinner and twice for breakfast – great service and scrumptious every time! I was a bit disappointed that they had run out of the calamari starter on the first evening, but they had it back on the next night and it was cooked to perfection. Also had the sea food risotto and pork belly with black pudding mains – again very tasty and perfectly presented. There was also a large selection of delicious looking puds, but only managed to sample the toffee apple pie since the mains/starter portions were very generous and I did not have room for desert on the first night. The whole place is full of charm and character, boasting spectacular views over Ilkley and of the “Cow and Calf” (which we explored and climbed on the first morning). We were also within easy striking distance of some great places to visit, including Bolton Abbey and Skipton. Overall, a great little find - top marks, we’ll be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Traveller2036
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Ilkley, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We were very pleased to read that you had a positive time here with us at The Cow and Calf. Our teams love to hear when they have done a good job and we have replied to you personally about your review.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Situated near town but just far enough away to feel remote. Our room was on the second floor and although compact it was lovely. Very clean and cosy. Bathroom was spotless and the shower good- no bath. We had lunch and dinner and thought that everything was excellent. Service was very friendly and efficient. Breakfast was good but only continental. Whilst it might have been nice to have had a cooked option we found that this did not really change our high opinions of this inn.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank pollyoppy
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Ilkley, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

We are so pleased to hear that you found The Cow and Calf a good place to stay, and we really appreciate you leaving positive feedback on Trip Advisor. We have replied to you personally as it is our aim to give every customer the very best experience possible

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Having visited the Calf and Calf Ilkley on numerous occasions to celebrate both my birthday and my grandson's and also to stay. I was both disappointed and extremely sad to find how the standard of the food had gone down. This evening's meal was cold - the starter still frozen in the middle, and the main course barely warm. I travel each November from Suffolk to Yorkshire where my grandson lives to celebrate. Last November it was fine. This November absolutely awful. With such a lovely location it is such a shame this is now marred by poor standards.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

We are sorry that your recent visit to Cow and Calf was not to your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback which will help us to improve our service, and we have replied to you personally about your review.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Attractively situated inn. The room was clean and fresh and was comfortable. It was an enjoyable place to stay for a couple of nights. The only thing that puzzled me was that there was no cooked breakfast option, which was a pity, especially since they operate a restaurant during the day and evening. I would have given an excellent rating, if not for this shortcoming.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Ilkley, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

We are so pleased to hear that you found The Cow and Calf, Innkeeper's Lodge Ilkley a good place to stay, and we really appreciate you leaving positive feedback on Trip Advisor. We have replied to you personally as it is our aim to give every customer the very best experience possible.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I came to visit the lovely are of Ilkley for a friend's wedding which was taking place at a venue nearby. Due to the start time of the wedding I arrived much earlier than the official 3pm check-in. One gentleman member of staff was very helpful with my situation and allowed me to collect my key early and even showed me how to get in later- as I explained unlikely to be back till the small hours! My room seemed fine and had a great view of the Cow & Calf rocks and scenic hills. Having read the previous reviews about breakfast I was prepared and happy to have croissants with honey and tea which were actually quite enjoyable. Overall, as a traveller on my own, and for a short stop over, I found it very reasonably priced and enjoyed my stay. The location is fantastic with great views from bar area and would certainly stay here again if the opportunity arose.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Ilkley, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilkley
The Craiglands Hotel
Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa
The Wheatley Arms
The Wheatley Arms
#2 of 10 in Ilkley

Been to Innkeeper's Lodge Ilkley? Share your experiences!