Ilkley Riverside Hotel
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfish and chipsoverlooking the riverfamily run hotelan ice creamfull englishlamb shanklovely locationfriendly hotelbar areatop floorcomfortable bedcouple of nightssunday lunchlovely roomcooked breakfasta great place to stayate here
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The most striking thing about the hotel is that it is situated in a beautiful area. The Riverside Gardens are lovely.
The best part of our stay was the very comfortable bed, for one or two nights it is a good base well placed for the town. We found the restaurant and snack bar to be a bit overpriced, especially as there are more competitively priced eateries within five minutes. Breakfast was good, and the service acceptable. I would recommend this hotel on price and value.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Malcolm M
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stayed for the weekend in room 10. The room was very comfortable with a large bed and sofa. The en-suite was nice with plenty of hot water and a good shower. We had no problems checking in, a sign on the door told us go to round to the bar where we were dealt with promptly. The breakfast was good and we didn't have to wait long. The hotel is only a short walk from the town centre and lots of decent restaurants. I would recomment the hotel to others.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cleocairn
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

Small cramped and overpriced. Dog friendly hence why we chose it. Too small to swing a cat let alone accommodate 2 Adults and a dog. Bedding in poor condition with holes in. Bathroom very small and very stained toilet. Previous guests bathroom metal cup of some sort left in bathroom with liquid still in it. Breakfast service was shocking. Glasses for juice were so dirty we couldn't use. No one there to assist with the issues. When waitress finally arrived and tea and toast served the toast was slung on the table landing in my tea. Toast consisted of crust ends. Breakfast arrived after no choice given. Very poor quality breakfast with half decent eggs. The gentleman who was booked us in was very helpful. Would expect budget price for this type of hotel. Bar area and outside seating very nice.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank WalesTraveller1
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This was the fourth time staying here with my walking group. It is an ideal base for starting the Dales Way after a comfortable nights rest and a hearty breakfast. Situated right on the river Wharfe. Mrs Dobson is always welcoming and obliging.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2013

If you are used to visiting hotels in big cities with slick service then you'd better adjust your expectations before coming here ! This place is very relaxed.

On arrival I went to reception and stood there was 15 minutes but nobody came. It was only when I went round to the bar and I was told that guests usually check in there. I wish they'd had a sign on the reception to say that! My room was on the top floor and was quite spacious with a double bed and small couch. The bed was very comfy, although I did find it very warm being in at the top of the building. The bathroom is dated, but practical. I noted come mould around the shower fittings, which can easily be removed with a bit of bleach and an old toothbrush.

The bar staff and hotel staff ( actually I only saw 2 members of staff so I think this is family run) were friendly and laid back but not really very organised. At breakfast I was asked what I wanted and just asked for bacon and an egg. 20 or so minutes later the lady walked past my empty setting and then said ' Oh, dear, I gave your breakfast to somebody else'. Not great as there were only 2 other tables in the room ! I had to get off to work so I missed the breakfast in the end.
The hotel is in a lovely setting and there is a great pub garden. Good for holidays and exploring the local countryside but definitely not a business hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business