“Exceptional Service”

and 1 more site!
The Crescent Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Ilkley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is a first for me. I am reviewing a Hotel and restaurant that I did not stay or eat in. However great service needs to be recognised. I arrived in Ilkley on a Saturday Evening to find that the accommodation that should have been booked had not been booked. I headed into town and immediately found The Crescent Inn standing proud and looking busy on the corner of The Leeds Road. I pulled over and walked into the back restaurant / reception found two charming members of staff and unloaded my story of no place to stay. Immediately I was offered a seat at the bar while one of the young ladies checked their register only to discover that they were sadly fully booked. But before I could stand up to leave she offered to "see if she could find a room elsewhere." I am not sure if this is standard practice within the tourism community of Ilkley or if this was just a particularly switched on person but she asked all the right questions about price, quality of accommodation, length of stay, parking etc. then off the top of her head gave me a list of three hotels that would fit the bill. Armed with this information I again attempted to depart only to see that this beacon of hope was checking availability of the other hotels on their web sites and then picked up the phone to check that they had rooms. I sat amazed. I had gone from being stranded in a strange town with the prospect of sleeping in the car to having my own personal travel agent. Within the space of five minutes more my details had been passed to the agreeable hotel, and I was standing on the pavement being given inch by inch directions. Amazing!!!

If this is the kind of service they provide to people who are not customers it must be a real pleasure to stay, dine and sup with them. I have retold the story to family and friends, urged then to travel and sample the delights of Ilkley town and Moore and absolutely that they MUST dine and stay at The Crescent Inn. I will be going back later this year with the family and booking in to find out for real if the service is always this good.

Whilst sat at the bar I did peruse the menu which was peppered with local delights and watched beautifully presented plates of delicious food wafting past toward smiling customers. It looked and smelled delicious.

Room Tip: Always book - it is very popular for very good reasons.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NimbusMonmouth
Louise D, Manager at The Crescent Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Hello,

Thank you for your great feedback it's such a great testimonial to our staff, we look forward to your stay here with your family and we hope we can exceed your expectations.

Kind Regards

Jasmine

There are newer reviews for The Crescent Inn

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Whatever happens do not be put off by the lack of official hotel parking. We imagined that this would be a problem, but having stayed at the Crescent Inn several times we have always found parking just around the corner. There is also space to stop outside and drop off luggage.
The town centre location is wonderfully convenient. Rooms at the back are quieter, but I love the views to the Parish Church at the front and would be prepared to put up with the light traffic noise to have this benefit. The rooms are on the small side unless you pay the top price for the larger ones - maybe worth it if you plan to return to your room during the day time, but otherwise everything you need fits in, and the pillows are to die for - soft and huge. Somehow the hotel manages to combine the best of a city hotel and still fit right into Ilkley's Victorian atmosphere. The breakfast is sensational compared with other similar hotels. No restriction on what you can choose from the menu - proper fresh juice (how rare is that?), and if you want you can have bacon and eggs AND croissants not one or the other! Having a choice of restaurant and bar meals on site is a real bonus for when you want to slink straight upstairs to bed afterwards, but Ilkley is also full of excellent places to eat out all within an easy walk.

Room Tip: If price is not an issue choose one of the larger, more expensive, rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Good morning, Thank you for your great feedback, we are very pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best wishes

Jasmine

Reviewed 16 June 2014

A brilliant hotel, very friendly staff and a very comfortable stay at a good price. Only one problem was breakfast. It took an hour from ordering to having the meal brought to the table. However the food was perfectly cooked and very well presented. Have no idea why it took so long. The big question is would I stay here again, simple answer is YES.

Room Tip: Book early as there are only 11 rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Louise D, Manager at The Crescent Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Good Morning,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I do apologise for the long wait on your breakfast, even though we do cook everything from scratch and breakfast service can be very busy at times, this is not our usually standard.

Glad hear this hasn't put you off, and we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I regularly stay here when I am away from home on business. I love Ilkley as a town and this is a great location as it is within easy reach of the station (down a hill but notably up to go back!!) and our offices. The hotel has a lovely feel, contemporary with rustic touches. Both the pub and bistro attached are great eating places and staff are always helpful. There is no overnight cover (I believe) and worth mentioning that there is no car park. During my last stay I missed having a mirror in the room and have yet to find a demisting bathroom mirror that works although all bathrooms seem to have a switch clearly labelled as such. These are just minor niggles that got in the way of a 5* rating. I left my phone charger behind on my last visit and the hotel staff kindly posted it on to me. Despite being a regular customer, I was still charged full price for a short notice cancellation due to ill health. I realise it was a policy decision but surely returning guests sometimes warrant special consideration. The place is regularly fully booked and so you need to book well ahead. Overall, I loved it here. Business trips are much more bearable when they feel like mini breaks!

• Stayed: May 2014
Louise D, Manager at The Crescent Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hello,
Thanks for the great feedback, and thankyou for being a loyal resident I ours.
See you soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed at The Crescent Inn fo a brief walking break in Ilkley and had a very good time. The hotel is superbly located in the centre of town (some traffic noise but not too much and perfect for walking onto the moor or into the shops), our rooms were well-decorated and very spacious and the (French) restaurant downstairs provided very good dinners and breakfasts. You are definitely staying at a pub/restaurant with rooms, rather than a hotel, so (for example) there is no reception and check-in , etc happens in the restaurant or the bar but all the staff we encountered were extremely helpful and friendly and everything ran very smoothly. Similarly, there is no car park but there is lots of free and convenient on-street parking around the town. The Crescent Inn proved to be a very good base for our stay in Ilkley

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Good Afternoon,
Thanks for the great review, it's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

After arriving shattered after a long day, we found that the pub is just downstairs (serves food), as is the Bistro restaurant. Beer, food, people are all excellent. The breakfast is not buffet, but full service, and was outstanding.
We paid extra for a bigger room and were glad that we had. Just one chair, but the bed very comfortable.
Parking is onstreet or municipal carpark not far.

Room Tip: Rooms overlook the main road or a courtyard at the back. Either could be noisy but secondary doubleg...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Louise D, Manager at The Crescent Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Good Morning,
Thanks for a great review, pleased to hear you enjoyed our breakfast.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Just got back from an overnight stay at this lovely little place in the heart of Ilkley . The rooms were fresh and clean , breakfast amazing and the staff all very friendly and happy in their work . Would recommend it and go back again ! Thanks for making us so welcome !

Stayed: May 2014

Good Morning,

Thanks for the great review. its great to hear our breakfast are still a firm favourite with our residents.
See you again soon,
Louise

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilkley
The Craiglands Hotel
Dalesway Hotel
Dalesway Hotel
#2 of 3 in Ilkley
Innkeeper's Lodge Ilkley
The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa
Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa
Hollins Hall Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to The Crescent Inn? Share your experiences!