“My sister in laws wedding”

The Craiglands Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ilkley
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I my partner and 2 children stayed here on the night of my sister in laws wedding 20/10. We had flown in from Spain especially for the occasion, so as you can imagine it was all a little bit of a mad rush.
The staff at the hotel came across very efficient and friendly and nothing seemed to be too much trouble, even charged my phone behind reception for me as I forgot my adaptor. My only slight complaint was I never received my early morning call for 06.00am the day I was leaving.
The food at the wedding reception was very good and served quickly; also the turnaround between service, reception and evening event was very quick and well organized.
Mt sister in law looked beautiful and everything seemed to go to plan which was the main thing to ensure her day was one to remember.
The rooms are large, clean and warm with tea and coffee facilities. The sofa bed the children had to sleep on was not very comfortable in my opinion, however my 9 year old did not complain.
The setting of the Craiglands is very nice and gives you that typical Yorkshire feeling and atmosphere, no matter what the weather is like.
I cannot understand some of the bad reviews on here with regards to staffing, decoration etc, like any business. You need the business to make improvements to the hotel, the more custom you have the better service and the more improvements that can be made. For the amount of guest I saw in the hotel in ratio to staff numbers – I believe worked very well.
Thank you Craiglands for a great day and stay and all the best to the team.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank djach
TheCraiglandsHotel, General Manager at The Craiglands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback after recently attending a family wedding at the Craiglands Hotel.

Both my team and myself were very pleased to hear that you had such a good experience. We take pride in delivering the highest standard of service to ensure that all our guests are well looked after and is particularly rewarding to be able to host such a special celebration.

We look forward to welcoming you back the the Craiglands next time you are visiting the area.

Mark Toole

Write a ReviewReviews (1,077)

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Having read the reviews we were unsure about our four night stay booked for September 2013. We were soon very impressed by the improvements made to the staffing and management compared to earlier in 2013. Nothing was too much trouble and the standard of service was well above average. The were no problems with the fabric of the hotel and we will have no hesitation in staying there in the future. Well done!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your stay at the Craiglands Hotel.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you experienced the high quality customer service that we work so hard to provide.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Our wedding day was perfect the staff at Craiglands were fantastic they did everything they could to make the day as special as possible.My auntie was my florist and the management gave her a conference room with air con to do all the flowers which was very good of them they even gave her coffee to keep her going as there was lots of flower arrangements to do.Nothing was too much trouble and Madge was brilliant making sure everything was as we both wanted it to be even delaying to wedding breakfast as we were running a bit behind schedule.We would also like to thank the chief as the food was hot and delicious,served on hot plates and the staff were very fast and efficient in serving to 120 guests.We would like to thank everyone at Craiglands for all there help in making our day so special.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
TheCraiglandsHotel, General Manager at The Craiglands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave feedback after your Wedding day.

Myself and my team were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your day so much. We take a lot of pride in helping to make every event special so it is lovely to hear your kind review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Craiglands soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

The staff at the Craiglands bent over backwards to make my wedding day perfect. A lot of hard work went into making everything right and all the staff were very accommodating. Food was great. Staff were great. Bridal suit was perfect.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
TheCraiglandsHotel, General Manager at The Craiglands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your wedding at the Craiglands Hotel.

Both myself and my team were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your day. It is a privilege to be able to host weddings in our beautiful hotel and we take great care to ensure that every event is special and memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night in September for business. When I arrived check in was ok, as I approached my room I noticed the door was ajar, once I entered I noticed that the room hadn't been cleaned, cups of water still on the desk, used towels on the bathroom floor and bed unmade. I phoned reception and was then moved to a new room which was ok, the hotel is dated, lift makes very weird noises and no confidence that it'll get you to the floor you want. The meal I had in the bar was also only average and it seemed a hassle for the staff to provide me with a VAT receipt I needed. The shower in the room never got hot after running for 10minutes, bath has stains on it and one of the towels were also marked, chips in the wall tiles and the room in general need of TLC. I won't be back paying the £50 I did for one night here.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank suitcase89
TheCraiglandsHotel, General Manager at The Craiglands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the Craiglands Hotel.

I was sorry to hear you did not feel that you had recieved value for money on this occasion. We are currently running a refurbishment programme in our bedrooms and are working on bringing them up to date.

Please be assured that we have taken all your comments in to account and are working to rectify any issues wih the relevant departments.

We hope that you will consider booking with the Craiglands Hotel again and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We joined Holiday 4 Dancers booking at the Craiglands on 30th September, we should have taken this break a week earlier but the Hotel apparently double booked two groups and cancelled H4D's booking at relatively short notice - making it impossible for 6 couples to come with us - not a good idea as we are members of a very wide ranging Dance community and we talk to each other.
However, once we got there my room was acceptable, clean, refurbished, but with no light near mirrors for make up, and not enough coat hangers in the wardrobe.
The food service in the Brasserie was excellent and the menu good, breakfast buffet not as good, very little fresh fruit and only scrambled eggs (unless you ordered separately).
Ilkley was it's usual self, steep, good centre and easy access to the fells.
Holidays 4 Dancers provided good music a wide range of Latin, Ballroom and Sequence dances, and a warm and friendly atmosphere during their evening dances. This partcular holiday did not have any tuition but there was a lot of mutual support between dancers.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank EABlam
TheCraiglandsHotel, General Manager at The Craiglands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your stay with us.

Our team were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your break as we always work hard to provide the best service possible.

We have taken all your comments on board and look forward to welcoming you back to the Craiglands soon.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Looks good but does not deliver inside, our room was very small with no hot water when using the shower.The wall paper was falling off on all walls in the room.I also think the management should inform you that when you book if there is a wedding party on. Our room was directly above the wedding party we found it very difficult sleep both nights we were there due to the noise.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nathan C

Dear Guest,

I was sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your room during your recent stay with us. We are currently undertaking bedroom refurbishments and are working on bringing them up to date.

Regrettably it is not always possible to make guests aware that we are hosting events at the time of booking and we try to allocate rooms accordingly. Unfortunately noise from functions is unavoidable but we do make sure that any music is finished by 12.30am.

Please be assured that we have taken your comments on board and we hope to welcome you back to the Craiglands Hotel soon.

Mark Toole

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilkley
Innkeeper's Lodge Ilkley
The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa
Ibis Bradford Shipley
Ibis Bradford Shipley
#1 of 2 in Shipley

Been to The Craiglands Hotel? Share your experiences!