“wedding day”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ilkley
Cheddar, United Kingdom
“wedding day”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

My daughter & son in law married here a week ago. I would like to say a special thankyou to the manager 'Mark' who allowed us to bring our bulldog with us as we were in a predicament at the final hour. However, we were charged £10.00 per night for her to stay. The staff were wonderful and helpful, they did their jobs well. BUT, we had a lot of family staying and a few complaints to say the least. In particular in our room the curtains were hanging off the hooks, the toilet flush was temparental and the general décor was poor and shabby. It certainly needs a makeover.
The following morning we were collecting items from the main function room and noticed that the ceiling was leaking badly, a bucket was called for. It was a shame as there was another wedding in there on that Monday 11.11.2013, so I hope it went well. The lady in charge told us that they had just had the ceilings done!! Also lift is dodgy and scary something out of the ark.

Room Tip: it appears that lots of weddings are held here, there is much noise so be warned.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank denise f
TheCraiglandsHotel, General Manager at The Craiglands Hotel, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review I am sorry to hear that some of your guests had maintenance issues in their bedrooms I would hope that they had managed to bring the issues to our attention so we were able to get them resolved. Due to the age of the building we have had an issue with the roof this year but gladly we were able to resolve the issue before the next wedding took place.

Again thank you for your review and we hope you can visit us again in the near future.

Chris Dodgson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Nice large hotel with plenty of parking, room was large and well equiped, full english breakfast very good and worth the £10, however the bar is very expensive and lacks atmosphere. Overall ok and would stay again

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank rupertwalkies
TheCraiglandsHotel, General Manager at The Craiglands Hotel, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback on your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear you found your stay so comfortable and you enjoyed our breakfast! We are always aiming to make improvements through our stay and your comment regarding our bar will most certainly be taken into account.

Thanks again and we look forward to you staying with us again soon.

Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Good points - the comfiest bed I think I have ever slept in. Masses of hot water and a big room. It is also easy to walk to Ilkley although it is uphill on the way back!
Not such good points - litter in the car park and grounds is a bit off putting and gives a poor first impression. The trees and shrubs could do with a good pruning. The reception staff were not particularly welcoming or friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Lizzie071
Dear Guest

Thank you for your helpful feedback, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will look into the reasons for the litter in the car park and ensure that this is monitored more closely in future. I will also speak with my Reception Manager in regards to your comments on the reception team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Otley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

A massive thank you to the Criaglands Hotel. Our wedding reception took place at the Craiglands on the 27/10/13. Every aspect of the day was perfect, food fantastic, service and timings brilliant. All our requests were met by the highest standards could not have asked for any more. Would highly recommend the Criaglands hotel for your wedding reception.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank haydenj01
TheCraiglandsHotel, General Manager at The Craiglands Hotel, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your Wedding celebrations at the Craiglands Hotel.

I am delighted to hear your kind comments and have passed them on to my team who were equally pleased.

We wish you both every happiness for your future together.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

I my partner and 2 children stayed here on the night of my sister in laws wedding 20/10. We had flown in from Spain especially for the occasion, so as you can imagine it was all a little bit of a mad rush.
The staff at the hotel came across very efficient and friendly and nothing seemed to be too much trouble, even charged my phone behind reception for me as I forgot my adaptor. My only slight complaint was I never received my early morning call for 06.00am the day I was leaving.
The food at the wedding reception was very good and served quickly; also the turnaround between service, reception and evening event was very quick and well organized.
Mt sister in law looked beautiful and everything seemed to go to plan which was the main thing to ensure her day was one to remember.
The rooms are large, clean and warm with tea and coffee facilities. The sofa bed the children had to sleep on was not very comfortable in my opinion, however my 9 year old did not complain.
The setting of the Craiglands is very nice and gives you that typical Yorkshire feeling and atmosphere, no matter what the weather is like.
I cannot understand some of the bad reviews on here with regards to staffing, decoration etc, like any business. You need the business to make improvements to the hotel, the more custom you have the better service and the more improvements that can be made. For the amount of guest I saw in the hotel in ratio to staff numbers – I believe worked very well.
Thank you Craiglands for a great day and stay and all the best to the team.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank djach
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback after recently attending a family wedding at the Craiglands Hotel.

Both my team and myself were very pleased to hear that you had such a good experience. We take pride in delivering the highest standard of service to ensure that all our guests are well looked after and is particularly rewarding to be able to host such a special celebration.

We look forward to welcoming you back the the Craiglands next time you are visiting the area.

Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Having read the reviews we were unsure about our four night stay booked for September 2013. We were soon very impressed by the improvements made to the staffing and management compared to earlier in 2013. Nothing was too much trouble and the standard of service was well above average. The were no problems with the fabric of the hotel and we will have no hesitation in staying there in the future. Well done!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your stay at the Craiglands Hotel.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you experienced the high quality customer service that we work so hard to provide.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Our wedding day was perfect the staff at Craiglands were fantastic they did everything they could to make the day as special as possible.My auntie was my florist and the management gave her a conference room with air con to do all the flowers which was very good of them they even gave her coffee to keep her going as there was lots of flower arrangements to do.Nothing was too much trouble and Madge was brilliant making sure everything was as we both wanted it to be even delaying to wedding breakfast as we were running a bit behind schedule.We would also like to thank the chief as the food was hot and delicious,served on hot plates and the staff were very fast and efficient in serving to 120 guests.We would like to thank everyone at Craiglands for all there help in making our day so special.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
TheCraiglandsHotel, General Manager at The Craiglands Hotel, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave feedback after your Wedding day.

Myself and my team were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your day so much. We take a lot of pride in helping to make every event special so it is lovely to hear your kind review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Craiglands soon.

Mark Toole
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilkley
Dalesway Hotel
The Crescent Inn
The Crescent Inn
#1 of 9 in Ilkley
Ilkley Riverside Hotel

Been to The Craiglands Hotel? Share your experiences!