Chevin End Guest House(Ilkley)(Great Value!)
US$97
Priceline
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
1,130 results
All reviewswedding breakfastgroupon dealold buildinglovely hotelcourse mealilkley moorcouldn't faulttown centrecow and calffull englishyogurtballroombrasserievenueleeds
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Our group of 18 golfers used the Craiglands hotel as our base. The hotel staff from the manager (Chris) down where extremely helpful, nothing was too much trouble. the food was excellent! especially the breakfast, it set you up for the day on the fairways!! As our group were leaving Skipton golf club (our last game), we all agreed that we would go back to The Craiglands Hotel, but play different courses.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank beemPreston
Reviewed 30 June 2014

An impressive hotel, very classy, yet very reasonably priced (on a par with Premier Inn).

Elegant surroundings, and very accommodating staff. I am vegan, but it did not occur to me to ask for no cream to be added to the soup of the day, entirely my fault. But without quibble, this was changed for no charge.

All staff very courteous and competent, we will definitely be visiting the Craiglands again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

arrived at hotel 14-00 room had just been cleaned. room a bit dated but fine for a short stay. the hotel is used for business and training couses so was very busy ,but had no one on bar as bar person kept disapering and would be gone for 15/20 min customers gave up waiting and left .same problem in restaurant waitress kept apologising for slow service. breakfast very good with great selection. the hotel is on a steep hill. but all in all would stay there again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brian f
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Craiglands is a hotel that has seen better days, but they are renovating the bedrooms that are run of the mill. My big turn off was the service in the restaurant the young waitress who had received little training, and would improve with some basic training on how to serve customers.Our evening meal when it arrived was no very spectacular.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here for two nights for business trip and unfortunately had a very poor experience.

It began by finding the car park jam packed when I arrived and the overflow car park is a bit of a trek away. I then checked in and went up my room where my key card didn't work. Went back downstairs with all my things, reception swiped the card again and when I went back up again the key card didn't work. At the third time I was let in by maintenance who then spent about half an hour outside my door trying to fix the lock. I was told that they had fixed it but when I went outside later and came back, again the keycard didn't work. At this point I asked reception for another room and they put me next door so I can't fault the staff.

Food here is very average and very overpriced. It was £3.60 for a soft drink! You're better off going into town and picking something up there.

Bedroom walls are paper thin! I picked the hotel because it was so close to the place I was visiting so thought I could get a bit of a lie in but was woken up at 6am by people next door getting up. You really can hear everything - talking, creaky floorboards, shower running, even the sound of draws being opened and closed! On the 2nd evening I heard loud music from the function area downstairs, I called reception and they said that it as a prom which was going to go on until midnight - I asked if I could be moved to a higher floor and they moved me to a room at the other side of the hotel on the same floor so you can't fault the staff. While this room was away from the function room noise you could hear what sounded like the heating or air conditioning units outside which was pretty loud too.

It's a shame because the building itself is so beautiful but I wouldn't stay at this hotel again and most definitely wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business