Free cancellation until 27/07
US$119
US$139
US$135
Hotels.com
Chevin End Guest House(Ilkley)(Great Value!)
US$98
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
1,130 results
All reviewswedding breakfastgroupon dealold buildinglovely hotelcourse mealilkley moorcouldn't faulttown centrecow and calffull englishyogurtballroombrasserievenueleeds
Reviewed 27 July 2014

There were 7 of us travelled some distance to attend The Boogie Nights function 19th July. Whilst the music, food and actual night was very good as a whole the group found the bar prices extortionate. We were all prepared to come to a couple of other functions ie Hollywood night and Dirty Dancing. However, charging 3.50 for a lemonade is disgusting. We couldn't afford a decent night's drink as a result of your pricing. Very disappointing. The service with the food could have been better but for the number of staff that was on for the night it was acceptable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Beautiful old building and well presented reception and brasserie areas are let down by old, shabby rooms that are filled with cheap, decrepit furniture and very old bathrooms. Such a disappointment. The 1960s function room addition needs pulling down 20 years ago! However the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Recently stayed here on a weekend break with my partner and loved it. The room we were given was clean and bright, I was a bit worried as I had read reviews saying the beds were not comfy but ours was perfect. The breakfast was one of the best we have had in a hotel . We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful . Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the craiglands on a Tuesday evening. When we arrived we spent 15 minutes stood at reception whilst the receptionist was having a telephone conversation over a wrong booking with a group of guests that were also at the reception. Eventually we were given out room card and told to clear the balance on the room there and then with no offer of having the chance to put drinks to our room, we were asked if we were dining at the brassiere as we were unsure of the menus we had to decline and sign a piece of paper and quickly told done directions to the room! Not very good first impressions with customer service!!!!
The room was small and tatty, crumbling paint on the walls n flaky radiators, TV kept losing signal and not worth the money we paid! Staff missing from the bar area and having to wait for a drink just isn't good enough.
Checking out was a wait again for a receptionist who once again was on the phone and had very little interest in customer service. I was told I would have to wait for a receipt even though I had paid the previous day!
Needless to say we will be avoiding this hotel and would advise others to do the same!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Ellibear
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Only stayed two nights in this old Victorian hotel. Easy to find, just up the hill from the railway station. My room was the smallest I have ever stayed in, just enough room for a double bed! However it was clean and nicely decorated with a modern bathroom and a great shower. I was travelling alone but if I had been with my wife I would have requested another room.
Restaurant was good, food was nicely presented and ate here both nights. The staff here are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business